I am a highly motivated and results-oriented Financial Management Professional who brings along 10+ years of experience in project management, financial analysis, accounting cycle management, cash flow modelling, portfolio management, and variance analysis within various industries. Ascertain needs and goals, streamline existing operations, turn around unprofitable functions, envision new concepts and future trends, and follow through with development, direction, and accomplishment. I have completed Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and Bachelor in Commerce from University of Karachi. I have the ability to provide customer insights, reach company goals and meet bottom-line objectives.
My key skills include strategic financial management, team leadership & mentoring, cost control & risk mitigation, financial reporting & analysis, budgeting & forecasting, revenue & profit maximization, working capital management, financial modelling, stakeholder communication, documentation & reporting and employee training & development
Currently I am engaged with Transguard Group, Dubai, U.A.E., as Manager FP&A, where I am responsible for directing and controlling comprehensive financial operations, including, formulating management reports for the budgeting and forecasting process. Enabled the achievement of bottom-line results by championing and improving accruals templates, providing more accurate numbers, transforming manual revenue assessment method, and slashing variance between the actual vs accrual numbers. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
An Emirates Group Entity - With a workforce of over 60K and turnover of more than AED 2B, Transguard Group is providing business support services to a broad range of industry sectors, including Aviation, Logistics, IT/Telecommunications, Banking and Finance, Construction, Hospitality, Retail, and Insurance.
Competently deliver active functional support to executive tier and directly reporting to the Finance Director for manpower service (60% of Group’s revenue with 40K personnel. Direct and control comprehensive financial operations, including, formulating management reports for the budgeting and forecasting process. Utilise rich mix of technical skills and confer on all aspects of agreements related to confidentiality, bidding, pricings for prospective and existing clients.
• Meticulously designed and presented automated bidding and pricing model to peers, which resulted in supporting client’s negotiation, time saving and standardised throughout the Group.
• Enabled the achievement of bottom-line results by championing and improving accruals templates, providing more accurate numbers, transforming manual revenue assessment method, and slashing variance between the actual vs accrual numbers.
• Initiated adequate system of internal control by boosting the CN issuance procedure through standardisation of supporting documents, implemented strict end-to-end quality control checks, and streamlined monthly log file.
• Supported senior management decision-making competence through assessment of actual BU performances throughout the year and developing parameters for budgeting as well as delivered strategic direction in designing 2017-18 budgets.
• Remodelled invoicing timelines and orchestrated invoicing resulting in surpassing cash flows.
An FTSE 250 Index entity, Petrofac is a leading service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. With 31 offices and 13,500 staff worldwide Petrofac supports its clients in designing and building oil and gas infrastructure, operation, maintenance & assets management and training personnel.
Headed project operation from inception to completion with timely and budgetary constraints while directly reporting to BOD and the Group Financial Controller on several global projects. Projected a polished and professional demeanour throughout the service to administer financial results budgeting and forecasting, and corporate reporting. Supervised competent members of site finance teams, prioritised work assignments, and oversaw subordinates’ operation, resulting in achieving company objectives. Assessed the impact of regulatory initiatives by launching costs and pricing models for new projects, generating pricings and quotations, offering various international clients including BP, Shell & Exxon.
• Brought significant improvements in project operation by methodically creating monthly detailed reporting.
• Utilised leading from the front management style for leading four site teams in various jurisdictions.
Leveraged good judgement and decisiveness obtained from extensive career experience with Deloitte & Touché, PWC and KPMG.
Carried out a full range of annual audits and interim reviews, adhering internal audit procedures and mediated for numerous multinational, public and private businesses’ finance function. Collated required accounting data and articulated financial statements for various clients in-line with International Financial Reporting Standards, International Standards on Auditing, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and implemented best practices.
• Rendered expertise as a consummate professional to run and initiate multinational and listed companies’ audit engagements.
• Controlled over 50 professionals in different teams and built collaborative rapport with staff to confer organisation efficiency.
• Acknowledged by senior management for supporting AKDN (NGO working across Asia and Africa).
• Steered development programme aimed at training and mentoring members, which resulted in augmenting personnel skills.