Over the past 65 years, PITCO has been involved in the development of Pakistan’s power sector, and in providing high quality consulting services in the areas of Energy, Environment, Water & Infrastructure, Agriculture, Trade Related Technical Assistance, Institutional Capacity Building, GIS Mapping, and Information Technology.
In addition to a permanent team of industry leaders, PITCO maintain close long-term relationships with a network of associates across the world who have proven technical skills and a commitment to excellence.
The requisite candidate will be employed for construction supervision and commissioning of mechanical and boiler works at LEPCL 660 MW CFPP Bin Qasim Karachi.
- Review/develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents.
- Responsible for checking and testing of certain equipment/works completed.
- Responsible for analyzing problems, identifying them and attaining solutions to these.
- Accountable in terms of applying his skills and knowledge on project organization, standards of engineering and scientific investigation and evaluation to be more efficient at work.
- Responsible in maintaining the optimum performance of a certain engineering system or design, as per direct mandate by the Engineer.
- Must be able to execute precise engineering proposal computations.
- Must be able to devise, organize and ensure engineering arrangements and revisions.
- To lead a group of Junior Engineers and interaction with various contractors to complete the project and perform responsibilities designated by the Management.
- While working on a project, to help in preparing progress reports and presents them to Management.
- To compare project schedules and budgets to expectations and report any potential delays or issues that arise during construction and commissioning.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance/Quality Control in his domain.
- 10 or above years’ experience as Mechanical Engineer with 5 or above years’ experience on various boilers preferably supercritical coal-fired boilers and essentially large-scale boilers.
- Construction supervision experience of 3 years on construction & commissioning of power plants more than 300 MW capacity (preferably coal fired).
- Experience in O&M of coal fired power plant will be preferred.
- Good copmmand over verbal & written English.