One of the impacts of Covid-19 on the audit industry has been the switch from audit on client site to conducting it remotely. As a result, it has now become possible to conduct large and complex audit engagements remotely – something that was not considered feasible in the past.
Potencia works with the leading audit practices in the UK to enable them to take advantage of this change by using offshore candidates to work on audit engagements.
We have multiple openings for the positions of:
i) Fully qualified audit managers and senior managers
ii) Fully qualified audit senior executives; and
iii) Part qualified audit executives
We offer you an exceptional opportunity to work with some of the leading UK based audit firms to deliver high quality audit assignments in a broad range of industries including not for profit organisations, owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our partners.
· Audit Managers: Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm.
· Audit Senior Executives: delivering audits from planning to completion with the support of the junior staff and oversight of the audit manager.
· Audit Executives: taking active part in delivering audits primarily during the fieldwork and completion stages. Providing support to the senior executives and managers on an ad hoc basis.
Skills and attributes for success:
· Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
· Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
· Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and impairment
· Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
· Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
· Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
· Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline
· CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification Or have equivalent work experience in Audit
· Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
· Excellent technical expertise with proven sector experience
· Proven project management skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Experience of working with the Big 4 or any other UK based audit firm
· Familiarity with UK GAAP (i.e. FRS 102, SORP) and/or IFRS
· A master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business discipline
· An English proficiency certificate, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, CPE, etc
· Experience in working in a specialist role, e.g. charity audit, forensic audit, corporate finance, transfer pricing, etc.
· Experience in preparing financial statements
What we offer:
· A very generous salary* package of up to Rs 24,00,000 per annum for managers, Rs 18,00,000 per annum for fully qualified and Rs 8,00,000 per annum for part-qualified candidates
· 5 days of paid sick leave
· Work from home with the possibility of flexible working hours
· Work life balance at 40 hr/week and paid overtime
· Opportunity to learn and develop your skills and gain exposure to the leading professional practice firms in the UK
* Depending on experience and includes a discretionary performance bonus of up to 50%