The Lead Trainer will have the overall responsibility for developing and executing the project’s gender action plan addressing gender equality and ensuring gender integration in all project interventions.
- Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all field trainings
- Strategize methods and tools to monitor instances of gender disparities
- Provide technical expertise and tools for gender and marginalized groups access to health facilities and Project interventions.
- Train and offer advice and guidance on gender mainstreaming.
- Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration
- Undertake other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goals.
· Advanced degree in social sciences, disaster management, development studies, gender studies or related studies.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive professional experience working on gender issues in health sector.
- Demonstrated experience with gender integration in development programming. Ability to lead formulation and evaluation of development programs and projects.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous experience of working in health sector preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with project team members, donors, and other cooperating agencies.
- Demonstrated work experience in program design and strategy to promote gender equity, especially in complex/high-risk environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.