The Project Manager is responsible for providing the required leadership on projects by inspiring team members to attain project goals and meet the expectations of the project sponsor as documented in the Project Charter. Creates and executes project work plans and revises them accordingly to meet changing needs and adapting the established project management processes and methodology. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of the project ensuring consistency with PEI strategy, commitments, and goals. The Project Manager will work across multiple project areas. Forms a strong relationship with the stakeholders, partnering to resolve project-related issues, provides project status updates, and escalates issues and concerns appropriately. He will be responsible to closely work with Project Director for strategic guidance, budget issues, networking with other stakeholders, and directly answerable to the project advisory committee.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible and accountable for delivering the project on time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Uses approved processes, templates, and tools to execute project delivery and receives waivers for acceptable exceptions.
- Forecasts, manages, and reports on project financials, planned and actual project schedule, and resource utilization. Understands basic revenues models and cost to completion projections making decisions accordingly.
- Uses established scheduling techniques to derive the project schedules, identify the critical path and potential risks. Effectively applying the scheduling standards and enforcing them with the project teams.
- Identifies resources needed to complete work and collaborate with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams and resources.
- Manages Issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed-upon processes and tools established within the Project Management Office.
- Manages project expenditures both forecast and actual, (Capital Budget).
- Understands and communicates the impact of organizational process changes.
- Facilitates Project Reviews and provides information for audits, status reports, and Executive review meetings.
- Leads Project Team to maintain project work plans and draft required deliverables.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a positive and productive work environment for the team; identifying and resolving interpersonal issues.
- Develops and sustains relationships with business partners.
- Manages issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed-upon processes and tools.
- Understands and consistently manages customer expectations within the scope of the project role.
- Provide input to performance appraisal on the project activities for participating team players
- Provide direction and guidance to other project team players across multiple teams as appropriate.
- Drives internal process improvement efforts and is solution-oriented Scope/Financial Responsibility.
- Complete knowledge of all health vertical programs MNCH, LHW, EPI, Nutrition, Aids control, TB control, and their issues, gaps, and needs.
- Background knowledge of health SDGs, IMR, MMR, MNCH, etc.
- Proven and continued development of leadership capabilities, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with and influence clients, team members, management, and external groups to deliver projects within defined constraints.
- Proven ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the business/client environment and systems, connectivity, and application technology alternatives.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at various stages of completion.
- Strong facilitation skills; communicates effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions as required.
- Strong the initiative, flexibility, and ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of various technologies including, applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity.
- One or more functional business process competencies
- Ability to supervise others, including mentoring and coaching.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and planning ability.
- 15 Years of experience in Health systems and hospitals related experience.
- Strong hospital base and public health projects background
- Foreign-funded projects.
MBBS with Master in Public Health with Management Degree OR Master Business Administration or MA Economics with advanced qualifications.