Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Peshawar, Pakistan
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Country Director RI and in consultation with Project Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring of project activities ensuring high quality and timely inputs. The M&E Officer will ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities, result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E Framework of the Project; ensure accountability and transparency, assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress. H/She will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
· Develop, implement and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures including process monitoring, compliance verification, output and outcome monitoring of the project.
· Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
· Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project Manager;
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
· Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use. Preparation of monthly MIS reports and organize training on M&E/MIS for project and partner staff
· Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
· Ensure that project output, outcome and impact indicators are properly measured and reported
· Collect, Collate and compile students data from the field and present it in an organized manner for decision making
Accountability and transparency towards project beneficiaries and stakeholder
· The M&E Officer will be responsible to build and implement mechanism for
· Information sharing with communities and stakeholder,
· Ensure transparency in beneficiaries selection, community participation and engagement
· Establish community feedback and complaints mechanisms and ensure the complaints are addressed properly.
· Establish dedicate helpline to collect feedback, complains and maintain proper log.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences or in a relevant subject.
· At least 5 years’ experience in designing and implementation of M&E tools in the development sector
· Excellent Written and Verbal Communication and report writing skills.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders and partners.
· Past experience of working with refugees
· Strong organizational skills and resourcefulness
· Willingness and ability to travel
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
2. Transparency and Accountability
3. Agility and Innovation
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...阅读更多