Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is a member of the technical team and reports to the Senior Program Manager. The individual is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of all projects implemented in Pakistan and support country office in program development, assessment, evaluations and research. The main responsibilities of the position include the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and Tools to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness and disseminate results of the Projects and provide support in program development. This person will also be responsible for training RI staff and project and community partners on using the tools. The M&E Coordinator will be responsible for leading the monitoring and evaluation with RI and partners at the field level, with extensive travel across Pakistan. This position requires a dynamic, motivated M&E professional who is experienced in looking beyond measuring at the activity level and understands the importance of demonstrating evidence of outcomes using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Under the guidance and direct supervision of SPM, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible for the monitoring of project activities ensuring high quality and timely inputs. He/she will ensure that projects maintain their strategic vision and its activities, result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. He/she will also be responsible to ensure accountability and transparency, assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress. H/She will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
· Lead Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities of Relief International
· Lead the effort in institutional learning by building on and developing systematic monitoring and evaluation practices to ensure quality of information management and operations of RI programs
· Provide support in program development
· Lead the design and planning of needs assessments as required, including undertaking desk reviews, preparing rapid assessment tools, and preparing detailed reports
· Design M&E plan/ processes and tools, using CLA approach (Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting), to enable project staff, donor, beneficiaries, government counterparts, and other stakeholders to continuously evaluate and adapt to changing contextual factors, use evidence-based decision making to inform strategic allocation of project resources, improve progress toward outcomes, and focus resources on activities that demonstrate impact in order to operationalize adaptive management throughout Project Cycle.
· Design data collection tools based on output and outcome level indicators of the program and built capacity of staff on the data collection tools
· Collect information/data, clean, analyze and evaluate the data and shared with management and field for required actions and maintain updated Information Management System (MIS)
· Track project implementation / work plan as per agreed timelines and objectives of the project, committed with donor. Support and guide field managers to achieve 100% targets in accordance with project framework and timelines
· Develop Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports for donors and organization
· Conduct research/ surveys on outcome level indicators and facilitate third party evaluation studies (baseline, midline, end-line, public opinion surveys)
· Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
· Ensure that project output, outcome and impact indicators are properly measured and reported.
Accountability and transparency towards project beneficiaries and stakeholder
· Information sharing with communities and stakeholder.
· Ensure transparency in beneficiaries’ selection, community participation and engagement.
· Establish community feedback and complaints mechanisms and ensure the complaints are addressed properly.
· Establish dedicate helpline to collect feedback, complains and maintain proper log.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences or in a relevant subject
· At least 6-8 years’ experience in designing and implementation of M&E tools, research and assessments in the development /social sector
· Excellent written and verbal communication and report writing skills.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders and partners.
· Past experience of working with refugees
· Strong organizational skills and resourcefulness
· Willingness and ability to travel
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...阅读更多