Reports To: Supervisor, Senior Engineer Lead
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The ideal candidate has a passion for design and is up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the company design team and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum performance, speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members
- Keeping an eye on security updates and issues found in all project dependencies
- Proposing any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern
- security and development best practices
Skills, Expertise and Qualifications - Requirements:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding of server-side rendering and its benefits and use cases
- Knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience with Laravel and Laravel Blade
- Experience with Inertia.js and Laravel Livewire is a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or
- perform small adjustments on an image, such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD) or similar projects
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work
- around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them
- Proficiency with modern development tools, like Babel, Webpack, and Git.
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs.
Frontend Developer Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Performs well under pressure and excels at time management with the ability to.
- Complete tasks within aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- We are looking for developers who take ownership of their work.
Reasons to consider NOT taking this role:
● We are an early-stage company and you will be one of our first developers .
● Everything will start from scratch!
● Although we will be there to assist as much as possible, there are a lot of moving pieces that need attention right now. Sometimes you'll be given a high-level objective and will need to figure out a plan to execute - because we trust that you will do your best without much supervision.
● We work long hours and have high expectations.
● Our team is small yet, and currently working remotely. There won’t be as much engagement, although everyone is super friendly.