We are looking for a Principal/Head of School for a Top Tier School of Pakistan. The incumbent has to join thier sate of the art Newly Constructed Branch located in DHA- Lahore:
The Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Reason for the role:
Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all students and members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for managing, evaluating and supervising effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures while ensuring compliance with all rules and school policies.
- Oversee day-to-day school operations
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically and instructionally.
- Provide an atmosphere of respect, and courtesy throughout the school day.
- Set performance objectives for students and teachers
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluate lesson plans and observe classes
- Monitor and report on teaching and learning standards being achieved
- Present data from school performance to head office
- Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching
- Interview and support in hiring school personnel
- Review and implement school policies and safety protocols
- Maintain visibility with all stakeholders - students, teachers, parents, head office and the community.
- Communicate regularly with parents so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the student in the school
- Manage school logistics and budgets
- Supervise administrative tasks (budgeting, resource allocation, stocks of supplies, attendance recordkeeping, etc)
- Handle emergencies and school crises
- Organize extracurriculars, school events and assemblies
- Ensure a safe and clean environment (e.g., implementing hygiene rules)
- Attend conferences to gain knowledge on current educational trends
Master’s degree is considered the minimum qualifying credential. However, in some cases, a Bachelor’s degree in education with at least 5 years in a leadership role may also be considered.
- 15 years in the education sector, including 05 years in an administrative role.
- Not less than 2 years as principal or a leader with a 1st tier K-12 school.
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge:
- Highest ethical and professional behaviour and standards
- Attention to detail
- High work standards
- Crisis management skills
- Ability to coach and inspire
- Positivity, flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Team building skills
- British curriculum
- Cross thematic (UK based)
- Provident fund, health insurance, EOBI, social security, child fee benefits, paid leaves, casual leaves, sick leaves, maternity leaves, hajj leaves and other benefits as per policy
- Not more than 50 years. May be relaxed for suitable candidates.
- 7:30 to 3:00, Saturday and Sunday off.