Based in SIF Country Office Islamabad, the Database Management Assistant shall work under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager.
- He/she must have demonstrative experience of managing and analyzing large data set by using computer assisted software (MS. Access & MS. Excel) and have knowledge and experience of managing PMIS (Performance Management Information System).
- Is part of the MEAL department;
- Is a key member of SIF Mission to enhance programme quality and improve performance of MEAL department.
- Will be collecting, compiling, managing, coding, labelling, analyzing programme activities and beneficiaries’ data.
- Providing support to MEAL department in designing data collection tools compatible with MS. Access database.
- Providing support to make dashboards of project activities and beneficiaries’ data.
- Assist MEAL department to start establishing small scale PMIS (Performance Management Information System) for managing multiple projects information related to activities, indicators, monitoring reports and CRM (Complaint Response Mechanism).
- This position is core position but contractual renew every year and required services of competent incumbent for longer duration of time.
- The renewal of contract is subject to performance appraisal.
- Person having experience of establishing and managing MIS will be given due preference.
- SIF will provide equal opportunities to male and female candidates; however females are encouraged to apply.
- Create and manage centralized beneficiaries database for all projects of SIF Mission Pakistan
- Provide time to time training to database management assistants for using MS access database at program bases under different projects.
- Collect weekly, monthly beneficiaries’ databases from all basis and consolidate into report format as per donor or organization requirements.
- Data Cleaning and Data consolidation by ensuring quality data processing and identifying and addressing issues with data collected.
- Update and optimize database according to project need, establish dash boards for project and MEAL reporting.
- Extract data/report from database in understandable formats as per project /departments needs
- Manage database in MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL.
- Provide support to program bases for printing verification sheets, training attendance, payment sheets and tokens.
- To work closely with the and MEAL Manager to regularly enter, cross check data and update household data collected in the field during assessments and surveys.
- Update and modify database as per program / output tracker document requirements.
- Provide insight to MEAL Manager to start establishing small scale PMIS for SIF Mission Pakistan and coordinate and make regular follow up with the consultant to established required PMIS in the organization.
- Provide support to MEAL Manager in compiling unique beneficiaries’ detail of different project activities by using IDs of each beneficiary.
- Prepare and implement data protection policy and protocols and train SIF staff
- To assist Meal in developing database for different assessments/monitoring formats
- To assist MEAL Manager on reporting different indicators and output tracker as per reporting deadlines.
- Provide training to project field team on new templates/databases and assigning unique IDs to beneficiaries during identification or selection process.
- Should be able to respond to any other related task assigned by line manager
- Graduation (B.A, B.Sc. BSCS, B.Com or equivalent) from recognized HEC approved university or institution.
- Educational degrees and experience certificates shall be verified and re-checked by the SIF as and when required.
- At least 04 years relevant work experience of database management by using MS.
- ACCESS and in hand experience of management large program data set/information and managing MIS with NGOs/INGOs.
- Experience in writing reports in English
- Good computer skills; word, excel, PowerPoint and MS. ACCESS database
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
View as an asset:
- Good understanding of identify data errors, cleaning, coding and analysis of data by using MS. ACCESS
- Experience of establishing and managing PMIS (Performance Management Information System)
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually;
- Fluent in Urdu and English languages;
- Responsibility and learning attitude is strongly desire;
- Flexibility and adaptability are require ;
- Position based in: SIF Country Office Islamabad; with less-frequent travel to SIF bases office in terms of staff training on management beneficiaries database.