ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Based in Islamabad and field under the supervision of Admin Coordinator, Finance officer is responsible for all financial management related to donor Projects.He/she is an expert in NGO Administration and Financial management of operational program.
Part of the finance team, as a key player;
TheRoving Finance officer by assisting Admin and finance team in Islamabad and Filed.
Performing all actions and producing all documents, feedbacks and links that will allow the SIF to achieve its objectives and provide self-audit and monitoring capacity.
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Objective 1:Accounting and invoices & Allowance Payment:
- Prepare the Financial follow-up of SIF Financial activities (expenses follow-up, budget follow-up) of Donor projects.
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of and implement national government requirements and regulations related to financial matters such as income tax, Sales Taxes social security, etc
- Monthly closure of the accounts (Check all invoices and writings, prepare the final excel file).
- Preparation of Monthly Closing Documents (Inventories, Bank Reconciliation, etc)
- Ensure the respect of the procedures before any payment (validation form, etc)
- Review all the payments documents for proper coding and supporting documents.
- Prepare sending of accountancy archives to country office (edit packing list, follow up listing of archives)
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the CO.
Objective 2: Tax Management
- Ensure that withholding Income & Sales Tax deductions are as per Govt of Pakistan rules and deposited to Government
- Deduct Withholding Taxes and submit to Government as per Government Rules.
- Ensure that monthly withholding Taxes returns submitted to Govt. on time.
- Ensure that filing of annual Tax return along with filing of annual accounts to Govt.
Objective 3: Payroll Management
- Ensure salary charging sheet is prepared on monthly Basis.
- Ensure salary is charging as per charging sheet.
Objective 4: Internal and External Audits
- Assist Admin Coordinator in Preparation of the financial reporting and audit documentation.
- Ensure Internal control audits, and initiate and implement actions necessary to correct weaknesses.
- Perform physical Inventory check of all offices after every six months or at least annually.
Objective 5: Report
- Assist in closing of accounts and preparation of monthly expense report.
- Prepare Monthly BFUs related to the base.
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for donor.
- Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and reports
- Assist Admin Coordinator in donor reporting
- Assist Country HR in compilation of HR report.
- Keep updated both the line managers “administrative & Technical” about ongoing activities and future plan of work.
- Submission of weekly and monthly plan to line managers.
This list is not limited; the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions assigned by HOM or Supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial reporting to donor role.
- Good computer skills; word, excel, PowerPoint and database;
- Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually;
- Fluency in English language is required
- Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire;
- Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies
- Able to work independently, make decisions and exhibit flexibility.
- Flexibility and adaptability is required;
Note: SIF is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Hiring is subject to donor funding.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- The selection is on a continuous basis,Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
- SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
- The SIF has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or violence of any kind whatsoever and more generally any violation of legislation, regulations or its code of conduct.
- SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
Hiring is subject to donor funding.
"SIF Mission Pakistan endevour to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA).
Secours Islamique France has zero-tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.