Project Lead – Enterprise Challenge Pakistan
We are hiring a Project Lead for the Enterprise Challenge Pakistan (ECP) an initiative of the Prince’s Trust International (UK). Social, Entrepreneurship and Equity Development (SEED) is an enterprise development organization working in Pakistan and the UK to provide solutions to social challenges using entrepreneurship as a vehicle to create wealth and deliver social impact.
The Enterprise Challenge Pakistan is a national competition to inspire and instill entrepreneurial and business acumen amongst young students between the ages of 13 and 16 years. The program aims to provide direct contribution to the development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Pakistan by creating an all-inclusive platform for youth from varying socioeconomic backgrounds. The challenge is conceived as a tool to introduce entrepreneurship as a viable career choice, providing students with a basic understanding of business management and team-based collaboration, combined with an overarching focus on high levels of social impact. Specifically designed for in-class use by teenagers, the Challenge uses a virtual game to introduce students to realistic business scenarios, where they develop and market a new product; providing a challenging and interactive opportunity for students whilst demonstrating how key business issues such as finance, sales, marketing and production are affected by each other. Delivered flexibly by business mentors recruited and trained to volunteer in schools, it enables student teams to learn about core business concepts through engaging content and activities, including the creation and pitching of sustainable business ideas.
The Project Lead will manage the coordination and execution of the program, and work with partnering schools, mentors and students to ensure the program is delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
· Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
· Monitor the project plan and track progress.
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
· Manage relationships with relevant schools, mentors and stakeholders of the project.
· Hold trainings for mentors and regional coordinators relevant to the project and oversee orientation sessions at participating schools.
· Maintain relationships with third parties and vendors for execution of the project.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including monitoring reports, spreadsheets and process maps.
· Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
· Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
· Use and continually develop leadership skills.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Professional Requirements:
· 2 to 3 years of experience managing nation-wide projects.
· Proven working experience in project management.
· Previous experience in working with schools and children.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Good understanding of social entrepreneurship.
· Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study.
· Willingness to travel to the field for project monitoring and trainings as necessary.