Shifa Foundation supporting Nutrition International in recruiting a District Coordinator for the Right Start project entailing health and nutrition interventions primarily for pregnant women and Newborns along with Infants and Young Children. The role is full-time and will involve a combination of the field working accompanied with periodic office-based liaison and tasks. The project is being implemented in 2 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one district of Punjab & 3 districts of Sindh. The candidate will be based in project districts, Mardan and Charsada Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the office of the EDO/DHO. The anticipated start date is April 2018. The contract is initially for one year.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The broad function of this position is to support the Provincial Coordinator and the National Program Manager with timely and effective implementation of the Right Start Project.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination, Advocacy and liaison
· Develop Linkages/coordination at the district levels between stakeholders of the Department of Health, vertical programs such as Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) Program; National Program for Family Planning and Primary Health Care and Nutrition Units/Cells and relevant NGO partners for improved program performance.
· Maintain constant effective communication with key policy makers at district levels for timely sharing of program related information highlighting gaps and challenges.
· Advocate with the relevant district authorities to create an enabling environment for scaling up the intervention in to other districts in the province.
· Ensure regular liaison with the provincial Coordinator to ensure the Right Start’s work is coordinated and in line with the objectives of the project.
· Maintain constant liaison with the office of the Executive Health Officer/District Health Officer, District Coordinator National Program for Family Planning and Primary Health Care, Program Director DHDC and the district level office bearers of the professional associations to discuss progress, identify gaps, and advocate for corrective actions.
· Planning in coordination with the Provincial Coordinator and Field Officers, ensure the implementation of the Annual Work plan activities, including M&E activities, meetings including reviews, visits to project area and facilities.
· Retrieve a monthly plan from all Field staff engaged in the implementation of the Right Start project.
· Give feedback to the Field Officers on any modification required in the monthly plan.
· Compile & submit a provincial plan of training activities for different cadres after receiving of the same from the Field Officers.
· Participate in important government planning meetings to further the mandate of the organization.
· In close coordination with field staff, prepare and submit a detailed plan of training activities for different cadres.
· In close coordination with field staff, prepare and submit detailed monthly plan of activities that would be undertaken.
· Organize training sessions for the health care providers working in public sector in close coordination and collaboration with field officers and the district authorities.
· Facilitate trainings for the LHWs on IFA consumption and IYCN
· Ensure that the technical teams in the field (field officers) undertake on-job capacity building of relevant government functionaries through review meetings and frequent field visits.
· Facilitate trainings for Community Midwives on safe delivery practices in the district in both areas, covered and uncovered areas in close coordination with the field technical teams.
Strengthening supply and delivery system
· Facilitate and ensure smooth and effective maintenance of supply chain mechanism at the district level for uninterrupted supply and distribution on regular basis to the project sites of: IFA tablets; Clean Delivery Kits; MMNPs and; Training instruments and communication material
· Ensure that the district, tehsil and health facility levels maintain logistics and distribution of the commodities
· Ensure that field officers arrange and provide On Job Training to health functionaries on estimations of IFA and
· MMNPs, as per requirements for their catchment areas, and to maintain adequate supply.
· Monitor the commodities supplies transfer, storage and distribution at field level within the district.
Support on data collection
· Support and supervise the district field staff in collecting monthly data at project sites.
· Ensure data collected are reliable, the project database is filled, the initial analysis undertaken and timely shared with the Provincial Coordinator.
Assessment, Monitoring and Supervision
· Conduct ongoing monitoring of the project against objectives outlined in the project using methods and tools developed/ shared by MI
· Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Provincial Coordinator, organize and carry out monthly project review meetings with district project staff.
· Ensure that standard procedures and protocols are practiced by field staff.
· Undertake field visits for regular monitoring to ensure strict compliance and utilization of commodities by end users in close coordination with district (LHWP, MNCH) Programs and NGOs providing services in uncovered areas.
· Prepare monitoring reports for sharing with Provincial Coordinator on regular basis identifying clearly bottlenecks and challenges highlighted during monitoring visits.
· Participate in the monthly district level meetings to discuss program progress with the district health managers.
· Coordinate with district health authorities including health facility in-charges and supervisors of Lady Health Workers (LHW) program for discussion on the Right start interventions during the monthly meetings. Ensure that the frontline workers are encouraged to discuss on issues confronted.
· Undertake field visits for program monitoring with the help of monitoring checklist; ensure utilization of the information for discussions at district level
· Travel in the Union councils of the project district to participate in important government planning meetings.
· Support the government in functionalizing the monitoring system by ensuring use of reporting formats at all levels to record:
i. # of pregnant women registered in the catchment areas
ii. # Consultation by pregnant women during pregnancy.
iii. # Pregnant women given IFA tablets.
iv. #& % of women, whose delivery was conducted through a trained birth attendant.
v. # & % of pregnant women consuming the IFA tablets as per advice
vi. # 6-24 months children enlisted for the MMNP project
vii. # 6-24 months children provided MMNPs in each cycle
viii. # & % 6-24 months’ children consumed the MMNPs in each cycle.
ix. # of children provided with zinc and Lo ORS.
x. On job training of the district health staff on the monitoring tools
Shifa Foundation is a registered non-governmental, non-profitable and volunteer organization based in Islamabad and stretched across the map of Pakistan with its regional offices spread nationwide. For the last 20 years, Shifa Family, which includes Shifa International Hospital, Shifa School of Medi ...阅读更多