The Role: Sr.Lead DevOps Engineer
The Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: The Data, Technology & Innovation (DTI) team is a creative team of experts collaborating across divisions and driving continuous improvements in platform innovation and usability. We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Platforms & Engineering Enablement team supporting DevOps Platform. DevOps platform consists of Azure DevOps & Jenkins based CI/CD Pipelines; Continuous Testing Framework and Docker/Kubernetes based Container Platform. The Container platform is hosted in our on-premise data centers as well as in the cloud (hybrid & multi-cloud). Our cloud is sourced by multiple Cloud Service Providers including AWS, Azure and Alibaba.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working with financial services technologists and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing solutions including setting up and configuring Container platform and building CI/CD Pipelines.
- Have past experience working with AWS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Ansible and Prometheus or related cloud technologies.
- Have good knowledge and hands-on experience with multicloud technologies and architecture.
- Have hands-on experience of integrating apps and data across various environments.
- Have excellent understanding of single, hybrid and multicloud architecture with preferably hands-on experience.
- Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Have ability to present solution of complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Have passion to learn new technologies and grow with team.
- Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across the organization ensuring our DevOps platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets business requirements as well as committed SLA.
- Lead junior DevOps Engineers; build high-level as well as low-level designs and put a plan together for a successful delivery.
- Setup, configure and monitor CI/CD Pipelines and Container platform using automation and re-usable templates.
- Lead the effort of routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed uptime.
- Be an advocate for Engineering and DevOps best practices.
- Build re-usable templates and guidelines for quick and fast onboarding of applications onto the DevOps platform.
- Develop guidelines and best practices while assisting various DEV and QA teams during their development, deployment and testing.
- Work closely with key stakeholders for day-to-day operation activities and successful delivery.
- Conduct regular capacity analysis, do POCs and able to deliver a scalable platform which is highly available and capable of scaling up and down dynamically on usage and demand basis.
- Own and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities.
- Own and provide end-to-end support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline is required. Master degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience managing platform and/or infrastructure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in DevOps, CI/CD and container platform is required.
- Proficient with modern DevOps tools and utilities.
- Hands-on knowledge or experience of AWS is a plus.
- Understands well PaaS concepts and SOA including Service abstraction, System Integration, Reusable Designs, etc.
- Hands-on experience in managing and administrating Container platform, middleware and Application Servers.
- Strong experience on application deployment and monitoring. Experience with Prometheus or similar tools is preferable.
- Good hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
- Have experience on production support and managing/administrating platforms or orchestration of Container platform;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills;
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills with experience of leading small to mid-size teams;
- Detail-oriented and a good team player;
- Willing to work leading and providing support coverage for extended hours on rotation basis;
- Willing to learn new technology and acquire new skills.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.