TechNerds is a place to learn, thrive, & grow – as people & professionals.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a software project manager.
The responsibilities of the software project manager include overseeing software projects from start to finish, managing and motivating software developers and other team members, giving customer presentations, and writing project proposals. To be successful as a software project manager, you should have good working knowledge of project estimation techniques and the ability to motivate team members.
Ultimately, a top-notch software project manager should have good communication and decision-making skills.
- Discussing potential projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and software developers.
- Planning out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Assembling and leading the project team.
- Participating in and supervising each stage of the project.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Creating a project budget and ensuring the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Delivering completed software products to clients and performing regular checks on the products' performance.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, software development management, software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in project management and software development.
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Who We Are Looking for: We’re looking for someone who is prepared to take on serious responsibilities and get hands-on experience learning the ins and outs of a high-growth company. You need to show:
- Self-motivation, self-awareness, self-discipline, self-improvement, use good judgment, positive energy, willingness to help others
- The ability to adapt and create proactive change
- The ability to identify optimal process efficiencies
- A love for project management, creativity, and thinking out-of-the-box
- A CREATIVE mind
- Ambition and the desire to work hard
- Emotional intelligence
- You can thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Strong listening skills
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills