Reporting to the Chief finance Officer of AKHSP, Manager Finance will lead the strengthening exercise of financial processes, standardization, and re-engineering of established procedures within finance, supply chain and related departments. Rolling out regulatory and internal control requirements along with development of required policies, practices, procedures and bringing uniformity.
S/He will be a key partner of converting strategic policy direction in collaboration with CEO, CFO and other Manager Finances. Close communication with senior management for smooth implementation of programs activities as per budget and mentoring heads/managers on all financial functions as per institutional directions.
Leadership and institutional collaboration:
Lead, develop and review institutional policies related to finance, supply chain and related department and update as per best practices and institutional direction.
Develop / update related SoPs and ensure periodic orientation/refresher of policies / SoPs with related stakeholders.
Ensure periodic meetings within finance and with other department and timely actions on agreed plans. Facilitate communication and collaboration with and among various department to address the needs of the collective institutional goals.
- Promote the institutional culture of highest level of moral standards and ethical values which includes but not limited to excellence, empathy, tolerance, fairness, respect etc.
- Develop a long term and mid term plan with key milestones linked with departmental and institutional strategy and operating budget.
- Develop sound policies and procedures and update where required with the aim of creating an encouraging atmosphere within institution.
- Undertake periodic review of cash and other inflows and streamline the processes.
- Provide oversight to other finance functions in executing all accounting and financial matters
- Ensuring submission of various budgets and feasibilities along with narratives/explanations in coordination with budget department and CFO.
- Lead donor budget development along with related notes and programmatic initiatives, justification and necessary reports.
- Lead the implementation of regulatory requirements as per institutional policy on AML/CT and KYC.
- Prepare strategic analysis and short term/long term plans for new initiatives.
- Develop and manage performance measuring and monitoring system that supports the institutional strategic directions.
- Spearhead implementation of ERP and reporting dash boards along with automation of reports and financials. Ensure that the financial and Supply Chain ERP systems are upto date and in compliance with the approved policies.
- Ensure that institution have a strong financial system, compliant and support current activities and future growths.
- Develop key indicators pertaining to finance and supply chain functions and report them through dash board for the review of CEO and CFO and other senior management.
- Lead implementation of major tasks assigned by the Health Department, Board and completion with desired results on time.
- Develop a good working relations and liaise with related AKDN institutions on all financial and operating matters.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Support in developing robust internal control to detect errors and frauds.
Candidate should have developed professionally through progressively responsible management experience of at-least 5-6 years in complex organization of medium / large scale. International exp3erience will be an added benefit.
Skills and attitudes:
- Goal-oriented, data-driven with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, supportive and collaborative working relationships with internal team members and senior management.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate professionals from diverse background.
- Experience in writing actionable reports that build on inputs from multi-stakeholders, crafting proposals and related presentations and developing other documents.
- Experience in working and managing data base and huge data.
- Comfort with public speaking in front of small groups and wider audience.
- Experience in preparing budgets, coordinating the preparation of annual audits and various reports.
Qualified / Part qualified ACA, ACMA, ACCA, Masters from nationally or internationally recognized university, preferably in finance, management or public policy.
Strong communication skills in English and Urdu (both spoken and written)