Division/Department: Internal Audit Function
Grade Range: AVP to SVP
Direct Reporting to Chief Internal Auditor
Major Duties & Responsibilities to perform the Role:
- Preparation of Annual Shariah Audit Plan against available resource allocation for approval of competent authority through CIA. Supervise the implementation of the Shariah Audit Plan and ensure timely completion of activities.
- Allocation of resources according to risk profile of the auditable entity. Manage and monitor the overall performance of the engagement to ensure smooth completion thereof. Monitor staffing needs and schedules to ensure optimal utilization of audit resources.
- Provide strategic direction to the Shariah Audit Unit, in line with Bank's overall strategy/ policy and in full conformation with Shariah Governance Framework and compliance requirements. Develop and implement an effective and robust Shariah Audit Framework.
- Identify and evaluate the Shariah risks to the Taqwa Islamic Banking (TIB) arising from its business activities, through audit findings, assessment, evaluation and research. Provide opinions and viable solutions on the same to TIB management, on an ongoing basis.
- Apprising of the Resident Shariah Board Member and Central Audit Committee through CIA bi-annually, on significant findings of Shariah Audit engagements carried out by the Unit. Keeping them abreast of developments and trends in Shariah Auditing practices and give recommendations for necessary revisions in the Shariah IAM.
- Provide consultancy to TIB Function (if desired) during new product development/ market expansion and process workflow improvements to review, determine and build Shariah controls.
- Apprise the staff on prevalent market practices for enhancing the level of Shariah control and good corporate governance environment and/or to improve or simplify the procedures and work process flows.
- Facilitate communication with management to enable discussion on their concerns on Shariah engagements through conclusion meetings. Review and finalize all Shariah Audit reports prior to distribution.
- Review works performed by Shariah audit teams on timely basis and ensure that issues identified have been adequately reported / escalated. Coach Shariah audit teams on ongoing basis to clarify their understanding on Shariah Audit Methodology and to keep them abreast with the recent developments. Identify training needs of staff and coordinate with Audit Office for their training.
- Review the engagement file to determine if the work is appropriately documented and reviewed according to the engagement plan. Ensure that the working paper file is adequately prepared for archiving.
- Any other assignment given by the Supervisor.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 8 Years of experience of any commercial bank out of which 05 years in Shariah organs such as Shariah Audit Function with at least 2 years of experience at supervisory level.
Qualification: MS/MS-Islamic Banking & Finance/MBA/M.Com/Darse-Nizami/16 years of academic education or ACCA/ICMA/ICAP etc.
Islamic Banking & Finance Certification/Qualification is an added advantage such as CSAA/CIPA/MIFP etc