We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
Selected candidate will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to generate documentations about our products for multiple audiences such as business users, end user, internal and external technical audience.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write high quality, easy to understand material, print or online, for user guides, instruction manual, developer guides, technical design documents, integration design document, API documentation, etc. Create tutorials for end-users or internal staff. Organize and write supporting documents for products. Edit and update existing guides and materials.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities. Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Draw illustrations, drawings, diagrams, animation, charts and prepare photographs, screenshot that increase users understanding and incorporate them into text.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation. Index and catalogue materials.
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation. The ideal candidate should have minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a technical writer.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum of 2 years experience in banking systems documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, pictures and diagrams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to translate technical language into a form of words everyone can understand.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking