Position Summary: We are looking for a candidate who can coordinate with clients and employees for smooth project progress, ensure that project meets stated objectives and takes full responsibility for all project activities and deliverables.
- Schedule and coordinate all production phases performing closely with external and internal designers, illustrators and other departments;
- Reviews all elements for style, substance and organization.
- Reorganizes text to create consistency in grammar, format and message. Recommends substantive editorial changes as needed. Reviews, proofs and fast-checks all copy, and may perform layout work of a detailed and complex nature;
- Ensures permission standards for content and image are consistent and documents; coordinate in in-production activities, such as emailing, coordinating copyright permission activities;
- Serves as liaison to authors and other directly involved in the production and published work; solicits chapters, conveys editorial comments, resolves issues and ensures deadlines are met.
- You will need to be able to express your needs clearly to other employees, as well as negotiate with vendors, and sometimes clients.
- On any day, you could be talking to top management, or lower-level staff; Good verbal and written communication skills will be ideal for a coordinator.
Attention to Detail:
- The devil is in the details.
- A qualified coordinator will need to be able to analyse complex plans, and be able to identify mistakes and inefficiencies;
Critical Thinking Skills:
- You must be able to think quickly, often solving problems as they arise.
- Being able to think critically about these situations will help you a great deal;
- You will need to do many things at once, keep track of your time, and keep tabs on multiple projects;
- Must be a team player.