AAN Associates, is an international development consulting firm, with a rich portfolio of technical assistance, research and evaluations, training and resource development, and development communications. AAN has a footprint in South and West Asia, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa; www.aanassociates.com
AAN intends to hire a Data Management Analyst as part of its core team. The Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality and will be directly involved with all the relevant work under the guidance of Manager Projects and Managing Director.
- Advise on sample design and rationalizing sample calculations and frames for ongoing/future quantitative and qualitative researches and evaluations;
- Advise/review the development of research design and data collection tools, data analysis and tabulation plans, and relevant data entry modules/sheets including guidelines for field application (including overseeing the pre-testing and finalization);
- Develop and deliver training of field teams on data collection, editing, cleaning, entry, and processing, including guidance on ethical and quality assurance;
- Contribute to developing and implementing data collection and processing quality control checks, and oversee the compliance of third-party/contractors during data collection;
- Advise/support in drawing baselines (through secondary sources) for key results by working closely with the relevant project teams;
- Contribute to/manage the data collection exercises through real-time data collection applications/devices e.g. android or device-based data collection, and perform real-time quality checks to ensure compliance and quality;
- Oversee/lead quantitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation (including data triangulation) using specialized soft wares for data analysis e.g. STATA, SPSS, R, ECONO, Business Intelligence (BI), NVIVO etc.;
- Extend support to the relevant project teams in data analysis, interpretation and reporting an addressing clients’ feedback on data analysis and interpretation (during report finalization);
- Any other task assigned by the Project Manager and the MD.
Training, Experiences & SKILLS:
- Candidate must hold university (at least 16 years of education) in Statistics/Economics, and candidates with foreign qualification shall be given preference.
- Candidates must have at least two years of demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative data management, and analysis. Those with prior experience of being involved in field surveys shall be preferred.
- Strong data interpretation and reporting (in English) are must for the position.
- Demonstrated and proven experience of using statistical tools and software such as SPSS, R, STATA, Business Intelligence (BI), NVIVO and Excel-based advance techniques of data analysis.