OVERVIEW OF POSITION
This position is to perform the duty of the of the driver based in Karachi. The position is responsible to drive ACF car as per protocol of the organization with in the mandate and rules regulation of trafics laws of the country. The Position will make sure to transport all the staff from one base to other base or with in the duty station as per protocole of the organization keeping in view the security sops for any movement in the city or field. The position will keep the vehicle clean and up to the mark by regular maintenance and cleaning with coordination with log team and will maintain proper maintenance check list, log books and other documents of the vehicles up to date.
Transporting safely persons or goods
Tasks & responsibilities
· Transport safely Action Against Hunger employees or freight according to the planning or as per directives of the Log team / CoP/ security department.
· Decides whether or not to attempt to cross a difficult terrain, to continue after a technical defect has been detected or to delay the travel.
· The correct loading and unloading of the vehicle considering the maximum loading capacity of the vehicles.
· Adjusting the vehicle speed to the road conditions and to drive with consideration for the safety of the passengers, other road users, the load and the technical state of the car.
· The speed limit should not exceed as per Pakistan Traffic rules in the city and main tarmac motorway / highways roads
· Wearing his seat belt and ensuring that the passenger in the front seat wears seat belt too.
· Report any accidents immediately to the nearest police station for the purpose of insurance claims, and to the logistics department in coordination with Sr. Log Manager and Security focal point/ Officer.
· Respect the Pakistani traffic regulations and speed limits set by the competent authority
Availability of up to date documents and to follow ACF SOPs
· Regular Eye Check-up & Medical check-up.
· Be in possession of all necessary individual documentation (driving licence, passport, order of mission) and vehicle documentation.
· Check the validity of the documentation of the vehicles.
· Respect ACF Standard Operating Procedures for vehicles.
· Respect and follow Against Hunger security SOPS
· Check Insurance and vehicle token tax in his vehicle and notify the log Assistant in time for renewal of the documents if due to expire.
· Ensure that the driving licences is updated and should be renewed on time.
Ensure to follow and complete ACF required documentation at Vehicle
· Ensures presence of (in vehicle assigned to him) : the Action Against Hunger log book, empty waiver forms and tools as mentioned and signed by him in the log book.
· Conscientiously reports information on the logbook and fuel logbook.
· Check that the items mentioned in the logbook are in the vehicle when leaving.
· Correctly filling in and signing of the waiver form by all non ACF passengers after discussion with the line supervisor/ technical supervisor
Maintenance and check list for field trips
Tasks & responsibilities
· Perform the daily vehicle pre departure checklist.
· Clean the vehicle inside and outside when necessary and road worthy.
· The driver has to repair minor technical problems and has to report to the logistics department whenever there are serious breakdowns.
· A complete first aid kit and one or more spare wheels in good condition/s.
· Respect the manufacturer Technical conditions of use for the vehicles.
· The safe parking any time, of the vehicle at night, during breaks etc.
· Ensure keys are kept safe and no mis-use of vehicles after working hours allowed.
· On long route before departure should check the air pressure in tyre, fuel, spare tyre toe chain, battery etc.
· When a field departure is forecasted, the driver has to inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before leaving and be ready for the scheduled departure time.
· The driver must insure that the tools kit, fire extinguisher, spare tyre, first aid box is up to the mark and updated and available.
Tasks & responsibilities
· To help expatriates or national employees when required to ensure the Vehicle tracking & communications protocoles.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP
Under the guidance of
In coordination with
Logistics, Security & Program team
Line manager of
Technical manager of
All Staff of Program & Support functions
Government of Pakistan
All Expatriate & Visitors
Vehicle Workshop mechanic for regular maintenance , Excise and taxation & Traffic Police
Female candidates are strongly encourage to apply
(1 being lowest, 4 being highest)
Team work : 3
Organisation and planning: 2
Analysis and resolution of problems and conflict:4
Gender Sensitive: 4
Adaptability and flexibility:3
Resistance to pressure, and capacity to deal with difficult situations:4
Effective and synthetic Communication:4
FOR A WORLD FREE FROM HUNGER FOR FOOD. AGAINST HUNGER AND MALNUTRITION. FOR CLEAN WATER. AGAINST KILLER DISEASES. FOR CHILDREN THAT GROW UP STRONG. AGAINST LIVES CUT SHORT. FOR CROPS THIS YEAR, AND NEXT. AGAINST DROUGHT AND DISASTER. FOR CHANGING MINDS. AGAINST IGNORANCE AND INDIFFERENCE. FOR FREEDO ...Read More