Purpose of the role
Position is responsible for nutrition rehabilitation of admitted cases through treatment of clinical complications of severe acute malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation. Nutrition Stabilization Centre Nurse will be responsible for provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counseling support, update registration book, admission record, discharge and follow up and timely reporting (weekly & monthly).
- Ensure effective management of SAM cases with complications
- Effectively follow the WHO NSC (Nutrition Stabilization Centre) guideline protocols for SAM case management with complications
- Conduct the anthropometric assessment of referred children (MUAC, Weight & Height)
- Relate well to the NSC caretakers, in terms of welcoming them, informing them of what they should expect and explain what services are available while staying at the Centre/Ward.
- Ensure standard nutrition therapeutic treatment protocol and the systematic medical treatment for the complication.
- Arrange consultations of the admitted children and caregivers at NSC ward on regular basis.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks, checking Vitals, medicines and feed administration and treatment according to the WHO NSC protocols.
- Completing and updating the patient file on daily basis to ensure a track of patient progress.
- Conduct counseling session, provide key message on Health, Nutrition/IYCF/ECD and Psychosocial support to each mothers/caregiver and asses practices.
- Ability and willingness to travel to duty site/ health facility when required.
- Excellent spoken and written local (Pashto) /Urdu and English language skills
- Working experience with DOH and Taluka/District HQ Hospitals and at health facility level is advantageous
- Previous working in clinical settings Pediatric ward /CMAM /IYCF is an asset, Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports
- Candidates will be preferred who belong to ACF-intervention areas/UCs district Battagram or surrounding.
1.Ensure adequate availability of all medical and therapeutic feed supply and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
- Liaison with pediatric unit, pharmacy, and store when required.
2.NSC & Hospital staff
3. Regular coordination with all OTPs staff for referral IN from community OTP
4. Establish good working relationship with Hospital Management Staff (MO/FMO/Paramedic staff) and DOH for regular progress sharing and joint work.
5. Facilitate ward rounds with Pediatrician / Medical officer
6. Reporting and case management record maintenance
- Quick learner
- Smart Planner
- Trust Worthy
- Team Work (4)
- Organization & Planning (3)
- Analysis & Resolution of Problem (4)
- Adaptability & Flexibility (3)
- Motivation (4)
- Capacity to deal with difficult situations (3)
- Result Orientation (3)
- Effective Communication (3)
Parameters of success
- Quality management of SAM cases with complications
- Good relationship with Hospital and project staff
- Submission of timely reports
- Proper maintenance of patient record
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply