- An Internet sales officer is tasked with getting online customers into the store’s website and app using social media platforms and other channels, schedule daily customer orders and make dispatch ready. Without the personal connection of a face-to-face interaction, this position can be even more challenging than selling products over the counter. Successful candidates are Internet savvy, strategic thinkers, and organized professionals.
- Responsible for keeping the website updated with the store’s new products and services, existing inventory and current prices.
- Manages customer leads, responding to all inquiries in a quick and timely manner. Answers customer questions on product inventory, helping people find the best outfit for their needs and explaining the description of the product.
- Find new ways to drive Internet traffic into the website, making appointments for interested customers, and continuously following up throughout the buying process and understands the needs of a diverse client base and is able to adapt the approach accordingly. Sets and meets sales goals, helping the store’s online sales to remain profitable.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to get the job done. Customers typically shop online during night and weekend hours, so need to be available to respond to customer inquiries during these time periods.
- The minimum education for an Internet sales officer is a high school diploma or equivalent, sharp communication skills, and an ample knowledge about using a computer, internet and different software like CMS, MS Office, Adobe etc. Most employers prefer candidates to have prior sales experience, but may be willing to hire promising contenders without any previous work in the field.