Compliance Officer will be responsible to ensure implementation of ACTED’s compliance process in ACTED Pakistan.
Base for the compliance Officer will be KP- Chitral with regular visits to Peshawar office.
Internal audit and compliance process:
The Internal Audit and Compliance Department has been created to provide for an independent assurance perspective with regard to all ACTED operations.
The Internal Audit is an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. Among many other things, Internal Audit helps to ensure that all assets and interests of the organization are properly protected from any loss or harm and that existing resources are used in the most economic and efficient manner.
The procedure that integrates the information coming from the different departments in ACTED is called the
FLAT. FLAT stands for Finance Logistics Administration Transparency. The FLAT aims at centralizing, integrating and harmonizing the information coming from Finance, Logistics, Administration and Programme for each project (including the Implementing Partner information).
It is crucial internally in terms of knowledge management for each project as this is the main source of information available for each stakeholder of a project. This is a valuable internal control tool.
Furthermore, the general aim behind FLAT is linked to audit of projects. FLAT folders are our main tool to be ready for audits by donors.
Functions in terms of compliance and internal control
- Assist the whole FLAT process:
· Support the Audit Manager in compiling and filing all financial, logistics, administrative, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder. During this time he/she should ensure that all Compliance folders are updated regularly with any arrival of a new document.
· Assist in finalizing the risk mitigation plan of potential Implementing Partners and prepare a training plan on the weak areas identified during due diligence.
· Follow up with the relevant departments for training and development of Implementing Partners and ensure that relevant training has been provided.
· Regularly visit the implementing partners for hands-on review.
· Share all the documents with Country Office on regular basis;
· Facilitate the country Compliance review process once the project has been terminated and ensure the accurate documentation of costs/expenses allocations within the documentation;
· Review the program documentation upon completion of each program activity and share the documents with Country office for record and archive;
· Submit the completed Compliance folder (final version) to Audit Manager once the Compliance review process has been completed.
- Contribute to ACTED compliance and accountability:
· Provide timely supplementary quality control of the Compliance documentation by checking the accuracy and consistency of the information between the related documents and report discrepancies immediately to the Audit Manager/concerned department for corrective action;
· Perform internal audit of the base and ensure compliance of all audit recommendations/action plans under the authority of the Country Director/ Country Audit Manager and provide accurate feedback immediately;
. Comply with the Audit Department Code of conduct.
- Ensure the external audit preparation
· Facilitate the preparation for country external audits conducted by the donors or by external audit firms.
· Regularly update the Country Audit Manager of the progress through the relevant follow-up memo;
- Reporting :
- Report the updates of the Compliance situation for all projects during the compliance meetings.
- Report on monthly basis all the issues related to the project activities.
Regularly flag the bottlenecks to audit manager/concerned department head