Founded in 1994, ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris, France. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects principles of strict neutrality and impartiality in its decisions, and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles. ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. With a budget of 236 million EUR in 2017, ACTED is active in almost 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 internal staff and 4,300 national staff worldwide.
In Pakistan, ACTED has been active since 1993 and has provided assistance across all provinces to an estimated 6.9 million people. The assistance has included emergency response to meet the immediate and live-saving needs of natural disaster and complex emergency affected households, as well as recovery and development support in the form of education and livelihoods promotion and assistance.
Given the large number of out-of-school girls (OOS) in Pakistan, ACTED has planned an integrated education program through non-formal based education system, which aims to address simultaneously the physical, qualitative, socio-cultural, family/community and systemic barriers to children's access
The Data Entry Officer is responsible for entering and consolidating (i) data collected by the program team and (ii) data collected by the external evaluation firm (iii) incorporating technical feedback from MIS department into everyday activities
The Database Officer is responsible for consolidating ACTED Database and Presenting data collected by the AME Field Teams, and supporting the data entry when necessary. He is also is in charge of the Preparation, conception and production of maps; the supervision and monitoring of mapping-related data collection
A. Development of Information Collection Mechanisms
· To ensure regular organization of data collected by data entry assistant
· To input data into ACCESS database for data entry;
· To ensure accurate and timely entry of data into the database and support data entry where necessary;
· To work closely with the other Database and AMEU staff to regularly enter, cross check data and update household data collected in the field.
B. Data Analysis
· To analyze data as per demand of AMEU coordinator / Programme Coordinator ;
· To produce synthetic reports, properly filed and transferred into the Resource Center.
· Coordinate with HQ on technical matters relating to filing of data, periodic quality assurance and organization of data.
C. Preparation, conception and production of maps
· To assist in collecting mapping needs from every departments;
· To identify and access map information sources;
· To ensure accurate link between map and Database data, solving all eventual discrepancies;
· To provide GIS teams in country office with the necessary data to develop maps;
· To ensure that the produced maps meet the requirements of concerned ACTED departments and are properly filed and transferred to the resource Center;
· To disseminate the new maps to the concerned departments.
· To organize and supervise GIS field missions;
· To monitor accuracy of data collected
· To work according to the priorities set by the database officer;
· To report to the AMEU Coordinator at frequent and regular intervals on the progress of data entry and any outstanding inaccuracies and / or discrepancies;
· To provide a weekly progress report to the database officer on activities Carried out by the database team.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More