In Pakistan, ACTED has been active since 2005 and has provided assistance across all provinces to an estimated 6.9 million people. The assistance has included emergency response to meet the immediate and live-saving needs of natural disaster and complex emergency affected households, as well as recovery and development support in the form of education and livelihoods promotion and assistance.
Given the large number of out-of-school (OOS) and dropped-out girls in Pakistan, ACTED has planned an integrated education programme through non-formal based education system titled LNGB (Leave No Girl Behind) in selected districts of Sindh and KP, aiming to address simultaneously the physical, qualitative, socio-cultural, family/community, learning and systemic barriers to children's access.
The position is based in Kashmore District. The job holder will be responsible for all aspects related to community mobilisation. The incumbent will devise and implement mobilisation plans for effective engagement of local areas communities across the district. The incumbent will support to achieve effective development of SMCs, PTAs and coordinate their meetings for effective programme progression; focusing to achieve girls’ enrolment, attendance and retention targets.
Other responsibilities will include support in transition planning of learners completing courses under different LNGB cohorts at NFE centers. The Job Holder will support the programme at field level. The incumbent will support programme quality officers, education coordinator and project manager in building effective community dialogues for LNGB objectives and harness effective relationships with targeted communities.
1. Engage with communities, local area elders and influential figures, SMCs, PTAs, and relevant village level stakeholders
2. Support project team effectively in reaching out to communities in proactively manner; seeking their buy-in on aspects related to retention, attendance, transition, safeguarding and social inclusion
3. To coordinate with external stakeholders to ensure that center locations and timings act as an enabling factor for enhanced participation of adolescent girls in the programme.
4. To develop and monitor all stringent quality assurance mechanisms targeting children, teachers and community members
5. Implement the project`s community mobilization plan
6. Coordination with relevant authorities to ensure maximum buy-in for field interventions.
1.1. External Relations
a) District Education and NFE Department b) Social Welfare Department c) Village Management Committees d) Teachers and Students e) SMCs, PTAs, PTCs
1.1. Internal Coordination
· To conduct field monitoring visits through following weekly action plan
· To develop and submit fortnight and monthly programme progress reports
· To support functioning of learning centres for smooth operations and according to set criteria
· To participate in SMC/teachers/community/parent meetings
· Proactively support the implementation of all safeguarding, gender and social inclusion protocols.
Required Qualifications :
Ø Post graduate master/bachelor`s degree in education or other social sciences field with three to four years of minimum professional experience. (preferably three years of experience working with education or training programmes)
- Experience in developing and implementing community mobilization plans for education or training related projects.
- Good experience of working with SMC`s/PTC`s/ Communities, teachers and students for ensuring enrolment, attendance and retention rates of students.
- Good understanding of challenges in implementing education and desirably non-formal education programmes for adolescent girls.
- Good understanding of child safeguarding/protection/inclusion issues in Pakistan. Particularly for girls.
- Good fluency in Sindhi language and good interpersonal, communication, motivation and presentation skills.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More