Under the supervision of the Civil Engineer, the Field Facilitator/ Sub Engineer is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of all technical interventions undertaken either through sub-contracting or through CFW, matching with the Organization quality criteria and strategy.He / She is fully responsible of his / her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of qualities and deadline.
Under the direct supervision of Civil Engineer
Provide inputs from the field to Civil Engineer to plan, design project activities. Supervision of WASH & FSL schemes in the field.
A. Implementation of the project
- Manage and implement the technical activities in the field;
- Have a complete understanding of the project implementation;
- Plan construction / rehabilitation activities according to project objectives time-frames and designs.
- Supervise and provide guidance and technical support to other field teams;
Support and supervise daily skilled and unskilled workers / project volunteers and give them useful instruction regarding their work improvement, through coordination with the relevant
- skilled staff;
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the programme strategy and intended output[s];
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with BoQs and designs;
- Report to the Civil Engineer on a daily basis about progress and challenges faced;
- Liaising with project staff of other teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Directly fix and repair damaged installations or facilities.
- Participate in the elaboration of designs and BoQs when required.
- Support community mobilisers and village steering committees in the identification and verification of skilled labourers.
- Supervise the unloading of the material on site as well as quality and quantity of the items.
- Fill, Check & control daily Workers attendance sheet on daily basis;
- Ensure construction logbook and other documentation requested by the line manager is correctly completed.
- Control that construction materials and tools are used properly, and complete waybills to accompany any movement of stock/tools between locations in the field / between the base and field.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every staff of the organization.