Under the supervision of the Civil Engineer, the Sub Engineer is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of all technical interventions undertaken either through sub-contracting or through CFW, matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy.
He / She is fully responsible of his / her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of qualities and deadline.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Civil Engineer
- District Project Manager
Working Relations Internal Relations:
- Community Mobilization Team
- FLAT Team
- Implementation of the project
- Manage and implement the technical activities on the field;
- Have a complete understanding of the project implemented;
- Plan construction / rehabilitation activities according to project objectives time-frames and designs.
- Supervise and provide guidance and technical support to other field teams;
- Support and supervise daily skilled and unskilled workers / project volunteers and give them useful instruction regarding their work improvement, through coordination with the relevant skilled staff;
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the programme strategy and intended output[s];
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with BoQs and designs;
- Report to the Civil Engineer on a daily basis about progress and challenges faced;
- Liaising with programme staff of other ACTED teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Directly fix and repair damaged installations or facilities.
- Participate in the elaboration of designs and BoQs when required.
- Support community mobilizer and village steering committees in the identification and verification of skilled labourers.
- Supervise the unloading of the material on site as well as quality and quantity of the items
- Perform any other task assigned by the concerned supervisor.
- Fill, Check & control daily Workers attendance sheet on daily basis;
- Ensure construction logbook and other documentation requested by the line manager is correctly completed.
- Control that construction materials and tools are used properly, and complete waybills to accompany any movement of stock/tools between locations in the field / between the base and field.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
We are an equal opportunity employer, Female and PWD are encourage to apply.