1 1. Programme Management - Objective 1.1: Implementation of Project Cycle Management Framework
She/he will ensure that project cycle management tools, including the PMF are developed and regularly updated, together with Senior Project Officer. He/she will ensure that project implementation is conducted within the parameters of the ADB and that this reflects the proposal objectives.
A) Technical Requirements:
· The person will be responsible to carry out the market assessment of the employable skills in the project areas and develop a way forward for skill development of unemployed youth (including women) and their job placement.
· Identify the public & private sector training providers that can deliver quality skill training and employment services to trainees
· Ensure the quality of the employable skills through proper liaising with concerned employers and available government institutions
· Develop the performance and output based payment delivery to service providers.
· Develop linkages with employers, TVET institutes other key government stakeholders - and ensure training design and delivery in line with market requirements.
· Coordinate and network with key stakeholders including Government, employers, TEVTA, NTB etc.
· Support the mapping of existing TVET market analysis.
· Responsible for carrying out capacity assessment and capacity building of TVET institutes and maintain constant liaison with partner institutes and ensuring that capacity building and strengthening activities are carried out according to planning.
· Responsible for carrying out career counseling and job-placement activities of youth (including women) providing financial support through linkages development with appropriate financial service providers.
· Provide support in development and modification of curricula of the required trades as per market demand by reviewing the existing curriculas of others implementing agencies/TVET institutes.
· Promote synergies with other development actors and programmes in the province
· Contribute to the planning and others learning agenda, market development, monitoring and documentation.
· Check the validity and consistency of the monitoring data in his/her sector and analyze the results
· Contribute to the project planning and monitoring.
The FSL/Livelihood Technical Advisor Shall undertake regular field coordination visits to ensure that:
- Objective 1.2: Management of Project Staff
The FSL/Livelihood Technical Advisor shall be responsible for the management of project / field staff and for ensuring
that all field teams are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected output and overall implementation strategy of any given activity. The
FSL/Livelihood Technical Advisor
shall ensure that Project / Field staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with programme requirements.
- Objective 1.3: Coordination
The FSL/Livelihood Technical Advisor shall ensure that he/she regularly meets with HR, Finance, and Logistics Departments to ensure that support mechanisms such as the BFU, Procurement plan, and recruitment are completed on time and reflect operational realities/needs.
- Objective 1.4: Reporting
The FSL/Livelihood Technical Advisor shall support the Reporting manager in the preparation of reports to be submitted to Donors / Authorities / Coordination bodies. He/she will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes / challenges, beneficiary feedback, etc.
- Dealing with Problems:
- Provide leadership to the Project staff
- Work as part of a team with the ACTED and ACTED CO program team etc.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills though a participatory process.
- Good organization, planning and time management skills.
- Good people management skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Effective networking, advocacy, negotiation and coordinating skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- High standard of verbal and written communication in English and Urdu.
- Motivates others to work together
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communicative skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams.
- Ability to maintain good working relations.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of masters and/or higher level University Degree from the HEC recognized National and International Universities in: Economics, Social Science; Sciences.
- At least three years’ experience of working in Management position with the reputed National, International, Multi-National or Bilateral organizations or projects in the TVET sector
- (Experience can be relaxed for an extremely talented candidate subject to the consensus among the selection committee).
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More