In Pakistan, ACTED has been active since 2005 and has provided assistance across all provinces to an estimated 6.9 million people. The assistance has included emergency response to meet the immediate and live-saving needs of natural disaster and complex emergency affected households, as well as recovery and development support in the form of education and livelihoods promotion and assistance.
Given the large number of out-of-school (OOS) and dropped-out girls in Pakistan, ACTED has planned an integrated education programme through non-formal based education system titled LNGB (Leave No Girl Behind) in selected districts of Sindh and KP, aiming to address simultaneously the physical, qualitative, socio-cultural, family/community, learning and systemic barriers to children's access.
This position is based in Kashmore District. The job holder will be responsible for providing active support to the core programme objective by focusing to ensure retention and transition of adolescent girls enrolled in the non-formal centers under LNGB project. Under the leadership of project manager the incumbent will devise strategies for implementation to work on effective retention rates of enrolled learners at the LNGB centers. The incumbent will also plan with several different stakeholders to develop transition plans for passing out learners into formal education process and towards either self-employment, entrepreneurship, or collaborative work opportunities/partnerships for livelihood development opportunities. The incumbent will comply to LNGB safeguarding and child protection policies at all times of engagement.
1. To ensure improved attendance and retention rates of enrolled students in the center.
2. Effectively reach out to communities in a proactive manner seeking their support in ensuring aspects related to retention, attendance and transition of learners.
3. To coordinate with external stakeholders to ensure that center locations and timings act as an enabling factor for enhanced participation of adolescent girls in the programme.
4. To support stringent quality assurance mechanisms targeting children, teachers and community members with the objective of ensuring 100% retention rates and community willingness to keep sending their children in LNGB centers.
5. Coordinate with TVET counterparts within district to ensure opportunities are created given for learners completing ACTED`s NFE/TVET courses for transition into a livelihood activity or next formal catch of education.
6. Develop, support and implement community engagement and mobilization plan which aims to ensure project retention, attendance and transition objectives.
Coordination with relevant authorities to ensure maximum buy-in for field interventions
1. External Positioning
1.1. External Relations
a) District Education and NFE Department b) Social Welfare Department c) Village Management Committees, SMCs, PTAs, Community Elders
1.2. Project Implementation
· The Job holder will be responsible to report on programme functioning according to standard requirements of this role. The incumbent will be responsible to identify programme gaps vis challenges, barriers in enrolment, retention and transitioning, and share the findings with supervisor,
· The incumbent will conduct on-site visit and spot checks to ensure project implementation and sustainability from the perspective of this role. The incumbent will also see that learning centres are opening and closing in time and maximum attendance at centers is accomplished.
· The incumbent will also support smooth functioning of SMC`s and other relevant committees to achieve retention and transition plans.
1.1. Internal Coordination
· To conduct field monitoring visits by following weekly action plan
· To submit fortnight and monthly programme progress reports
· To ensure field visits are properly done as per criteria
· To make sure other IP staff members are visiting field according to the plan
· To make sure learning centres are running smoothly and according to set criteria
· To participate in SMC/teachers/community/parent meetings
· To check learning centres condition and learning environment
1.2. Technical Leadership:
The incumbent will lead on learners retention and transition plans and ensure full compliance as per LNGB requirements.
Required Qualifications :
Ø Post graduate master/bachelor`s degree in education or other social sciences field with three to four years of minimum professional experience. (preferably three experience of working in formal education, or non-formal education or training programmes)
- Experience in developing and implementing community mobilization plans in education/training projects to sensitise communities about importance of education and retention.
- Fair experience in developing and implementing transition plans for youth/students to link them in next career opportunities or formal education processes.
- Good experience of working with SMC`s/PTC`s/ Communities, teachers and students for ensuring retention, attendance and consistency of education process.
- Good understanding of challenges involved in implementing education and or non-formal education programmes for adolescent girls.
- Good understanding of child safeguarding/protection issues in Pakistan. Particularly for girls.
- Previous experience of working in education or non-formal education in Pakistan.
Excellent Sindhi language skills and good interpersonal, communication, motivation and presentation skills.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our mission is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social ...Read More