The job requires an experienced Azure Solutions Architect with a strong background in Data Engineering to help lead the migration of a large healthcare client in the US from on-premises to Azure Cloud.
The incumbent should be able to work with a large healthcare customer and provide best-fit solutions and be able to guide the team (cloud engineers, data engineers) technically in delivering those solutions.
Should have had strong implementation experience in workload/data migrations and/or developing large-scale cloud-native applications.
• Work independently with technical and business stakeholders to understand business problems and perform due diligence
• Estimate and outline the solution approaches, can express and articulate the architecture and design rationale
• Hands-on in implementing proposed solutions and be able to technically guide extended teams during the development and deployment of the solution
• Has complete technical ownership of the delivery
• Need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with customer technically and procedurally
• Good understanding of Azure Infrastructure services and their limitations
• Especially well versed in data engineering components of Azure Cloud such as Azure Data Lake v2, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Messaging Hub, Events Hub, Azure Synapse.
• Prior experience of working with healthcare clients and using Azure Services such as FHIR API for Healthcare is a major plus.
• Experience in configuring & monitoring different attributes and handling scale up and scale down scenarios for the application in Azure
• Application monitoring through operations insight, application insight
• Provide best practices around provisioning production and non-production environments on Azure to optimize the usage
• Have good understanding in the implementation of advanced security, authentication and single sign-on across cloud and on-premise
• Strong understanding of the advantages and limitations of Azure Active Directory
• Strong experience in Azure platform Services, understanding of their capabilities and limitations and being able to architect and deliver solutions leveraging various platform services
• Have experience in implementing enterprise application using platform services like azure websites, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, notification hubs, event hubs, stream analytics, Document Db, application insights etc.,
• Strong expertise in building cloud-native enterprise-scale applications and moving applications from on-premises to cloud environments
• Strong understanding of the cloud architecture patterns and solution design principles
• Strong understanding of different attributes for cloud application availability, scalability and ability to propose an optimized design for cloud
• Performance tuning of cloud-based applications for best performance
• Experience in defining and implementing Hybrid scenarios with workloads shared across on-premise and Microsoft Azure, application Integration between cloud and on-premise environments
• Collaborating with customers for quick technical assessment and proposal development for leveraging platform services of azure
• Closely work with the customer to understand the business objectives and define solutions to meet the business objectives
• Experienced in working in an agile/DevOps environment with continuous integration and continuous deployment and application lifecycle management
• Candidate should be from an application development and solution architecture background and have expertise in building large scale web applications before the cloud experience.
Required certification is: Azure Solutions Architect Expert and/or Azure Data Engineer Associate
Years of experience required for the position:
• 5+ years of experience in designing, developing and deploying solutions in Microsoft technology stack including large scale data engineering and/or web application deployment experience
• 3-5 years of experience in designing and deploying solutions on Microsoft Azure platform and experience in workload migrations.