About Job Role:
The CTO makes all executive decisions with regards to the technological interests of a company. They are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Manage overall software development process including SW architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support. Deliver high quality enterprise-grade solutions under aggressive timelines and within budget. Leverage in-house, external and other open source machine learning software/algorithms, BigData ingestion, aggregation and Analytics.
- Lead engineering teams. Create processes, infrastructure, and a culture that enables a geographically disperse team to collaborate effectively and creates sustained effective technological engineering. Work closely and in partnership with Product Management, Solutions Delivery, and Operations teams.
- Participate as a key member of the executive team. Work in collaboration with other executives to define goals and ensure functional groups within the team are well aligned.
- Set up a culture that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Recruit, hire and manage a technical team
- Perform code reviews, manage your team’s estimation process, and deal with blockers that arise from daily standups
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8 years working in a technological role with proven experience at a leadership role
- 5 years managerial experience.
- Hands on experience architecting and supporting highly scalable cloud-based solutions
- Expert level technical knowledge: OOP, systems architecture, and related frameworks, modern JScript frameworks, microservices, relational and noSQL databases, CI/CD (tools and processes)
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies including AWS, GCP, Azure and OpenStack. The candidate should ideally hold a Cloud Architect certification for one of these platforms.
- Experience with designing and building large scale data ETL pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, HBase, Airflow, etc and/or their cloud equivalents (i.e. BigTable, BigQuery, DataProc, Composer, RedShift, Glue, Kinesis, etc)
- Should be able to do the requirement engineering and design the technical stack for software applications.
- Strong knowledge about programming paradigms; should be able to enforce best programming and design practices.
- Expertise in software development using Agile/SCRUM, scaled agile or similar methodologies
- Experience in creating and running bigdata and ML solutions
- Ability to communicate with non-engineering members of the management team, translating business requirements into engineering projects with specific requirements & scope, resources and project timing.