We are in search of Vertica Database Expert who will be responsible for support and management of Vertica cluster environments including license management, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring & operations.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of Vertica physical & logical architecture, excellent SQL skills, experience in performance troubleshooting and stabilization.
- The successful candidate must have:
- 3 to 5 years in Vertica database support, management and administration
- Experience in supporting mission-critical applications
- Expertise in Vertica Physical and Logical Architecture.
- Strong expertise in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience in optimization techniques such as projections and partitioning desired
- Understanding of ETL, data structures, metadata and workflow management
- Strong experience in Linux OS including tracing and performance tools
- Support, maintenance, tuning, performance monitoring of Vertica database systems and cluster environments
- Work closely with the technical teams and provide guidance for best practices in database technology and distributed database deployment
- Automation of database monitoring and alerting
- Continuous improvement of operational process and implement standard operational procedures
- Vertica capacity planning and license management
- Data integrity maintenance using effective utility and disk management procedures