This position reports directly to the Logistics Manager and under general direction will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching carrier loads by coordinating, planning and assigning quoted shipments to specific contract carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure the safe, timely and professional passage of shipments from shipper to consignee by assigning drivers.
· Confirms and/or processes orders and bills of lading with corresponding information and rates provided by drivers.
· Will scan, file, and log daily all paperwork.
· Will e-mail and fax all paperwork to command center/ back office.
· Provides timely communication to personnel on all aspects of shipment status
· Documentation of daily shipments with a log of time of arrival, time of load and time of shipping.
· Create, update and close out all entries in the transportation management system.
· Must be able to follow written instruction, write clearly, and communicate well at all level.
· Troubleshoot issues that may arise during shipment while communicating with Mgr.
· Performs other duties as assigned Education and/or Experience:
· Some college preferred.
· Above average math comprehension.
· Attention to detail
· Must have complete knowledge of transportation documentation Computer Skills:
· Requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and related applications.
· Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
· Experience with transportation management software desired. Reasoning Ability:
· Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent ENGLISH written and verbal communication skills.
Salary: monthly / according to experience.