Who are We?
Afiniti is the world's leading applied AI and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing™ uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value to our clients.
The Afiniti Insights team is creating proprietary data analysis, visualization and monitoring software using cutting-edge technologies, as well as contributing to engineer the next generation of Afiniti products. We are looking for multiple exceptional and multi-talented candidates who are at home with a wide range of technological building-blocks. Please mention your preferred office location in your cover letter."
Key Responsibilities As a C++ developer, you will work with a cross-departmental team that is building the next generation of Afiniti's products, focused towards data analysis, machine learning, reporting, data visualization and monitoring. You will develop and enhance high-performance and scalable microservices, as well as ETL/data analysis and processing pipelines geared towards large datasets. The ideal candidate will have:
- More than two years of professional experience in C++ development on Linux.
- Proficiency in using Linux as the primary operating system, and familiarity with the Linux toolset.
- An in-depth understanding of the most common data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Demonstrable experience with STL, Boost, TCP/IP Sockets, database and multi-threaded programming in C++.
- A solid grasp on the differences between C++11, C++14 and Cx03.
- Experience with at least one RDBMS in database design and programming roles and an intermediate level understanding of SQL and database systems.
- The ability to quickly comprehend complex business processes and existing systems' architecture, and propose efficient solutions to tough problems.
- Eagerness to learn new languages and technologies to stay current with the technology stack in use at Afiniti.
- An aptitude for debugging, mathematics, problem-solving and mastering new languages and APIs in a short time span.
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills.
- The ability to differentiate between barely working and highly optimized code, and the talent to produce the latter.
- Comfort in both old-school and Agile development methodologies, CI/CD enabled projects and git or similar source code control.