Afiniti seeks a hands-on Senior Accounting / Accounting Manager with supervisory experience. The successful candidate must be a highly independent, assertive, and confident self-starter who has a strong sense of accounting and finance urgency and demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment. This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with Afiniti’s management, and will permit the candidate to develop and expand a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that is essential for strong career development. The position is based in an office setting; however, evening work along with occasional weekend work and some travel may be necessary.
We are looking for a leader who seeks to take on additional responsibility as he/she progresses in his/her career, and we are committed to providing an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
1. Financial Statements, analysis and reporting
a. Preparation of monthly financial statements with supporting schedules
b. Manage and perform general ledger accounting function for timely preparation and submission of financial reports to management and auditors
c. Ensuring timely and accurate month end closing process. Review and ensure that transactions are recorded, classified and reported correctly, timely and in accordance with company policies and applicable reporting standards.
d. General ledger reconciliation and timely resolving any differences. This also includes review of accounting transactions performed by team members
e. Preparation of accounting reports as and when required by management including analysis of results compared with budget and forecast
2. Accounting policies and procedures
a. Review and develop accounting policies and procedures which verify the integrity of overall accounting system, procedure and processes. This also require compliance with local laws, regulation and international reporting standards
b. Develop and maintain a system of checks and balances to ensure the integrity of financial records, reports and statements.
c. Able to actively participate in automation of processes
3. Billing, audit, payroll and taxation
a. Diligently act as a point of contact for independent auditors and outside accountants on accounting and tax matters. Work with outside experts to stay up-to-date on new areas impacting the business
b. Supervise and approve billing performed by Accounting Staff; manage revenue schedules, reports and collections.
c. Reconcile payroll and related periodic reports to general ledger and to tax reporting.
d. Manage electronic payments mechanism. Perform weekly cash projection and review of bank reconciliations prepared by relevant accounting staff.
a. Any special task assigned by management from time to time
b. Participate in automation of finance and accounting system and procedure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organization skills and proficiency in related documentation and working papers.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and inspire team confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and social intelligence. Demonstrated strength and ability to interact with customers, employees, and management at all levels in order to contribute to and influence decision-making and resolve conflict.
- Reasonable knowledge of local tax laws along with return filing.
- Supervisory experience is required
- Minimum of ICMA / ACCA / MBA Finance
- Mid-Level to Senior Professionals are required for this role
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Proficiency in MS Office and advance skills in MS Excel
- Considerable knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), IFRS, Income Tax Ordinance and Sales Tax Act.
Relocation Available: No