1) Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
2) Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
3) Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
4) Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
1) Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling website
2) Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
3) Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
4) Create the technical aspects of websites.
1) Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
2) Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
3) Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic
1) Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
2) Provide clear, detailed descriptions of web site specifications such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
3) Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
4) Research, document, rate, or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
5) Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
6) Install and configure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) servers and associated operating systems.