Role: The Facilities Manager (FM) will ensure proper maintenance of all AKES P facilities and manage all repairs and construction projects for AKES P. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for creating a preventive maintenance culture at all schools.
1. The FM shall conduct regular inspections of all AKES P facilities, identify repairs needed to be done and ensure that such repairs are done in good time, working in conjunction with the Head-teachers of the respective schools.
2. The FM shall develop a regular preventive maintenance program for each AKES P facility and ensure that the program is budgeted for and implemented.
3. The FM shall develop and implement a multi-year facilities repair plan based on the facilities evaluations done in 2011.
4. FM shall Assist the Central Office in preparing annual, medium term and long term facilities planning and budgets for the AKES P in line with programmatic objectives
5. The FM shall be responsible for managing the entire project life cycle for all major repairs work and construction work that is budgeted for at any AKES P facility. This involves: getting quotations and tendering where necessary, contractor selection in conjunction with senior management, project award, monitoring of project completion, addressing any issues that come up during construction, ensuring all laws and regulations are complied with, ensuring the terms of the award are complied with, and ensuring proper certification of each project when completed.
6. The FM shall monitor the work of the carpenters/maintenance persons at each school and shall ensure quality and prudent quotation and spending against repair budgets at each school.
7. The FM shall provide on-site and responsive support to any facilities issues that come up at the request of the school head-teacher and senior management. This shall include, but is not limited to, resolution of utility supply and billing issues, flooding, roof leaks, etc. To this end, the FM will develop a help desk and job card system, to ensure that all requests are dealt with expeditiously and cost effectively with minimum disruption to learning and bearing in mind Health and Safety considerations as they pertain to children.
8. Implement recommendations of Environment Management Audit Reports and Occupational, Safety and Health Audit Reports at the schools.
9. Responsible for ALL equipment and facilities at all schools such as, but not limited to, office equipment, catering equipment, air conditioners, swimming pools, grounds etc.
10. Oversee all contracts for outsourced services including but not limited to guarding, cleaning and pest control
11. Oversee all service contracts for equipment at schools such as photocopiers and generators
12. Be responsible for “Fleet Management” of all buses and vehicles at each AKES P facility.
13. As far as possible, pursue sustainable, green and energy saving solutions for all AKES P facilities.
14. To prepare and update registers for all AKES P properties that detail the footprints of the properties (approved architectural drawings, title documents, approvals, plans etc.)
15. Prepare a Maintenance Policies and Procedures Manual
16. The Facilities Manager may be called upon to participate in regional strategic initiatives.
Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan (AKES,P) is a network of educational institutions that combines the operation of 159 schools and 5 hostels with the management of programmes to enhance the quality of teachers, academic resources and learning environments in Pakistan through community partnership ...Read More