Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration the school counselor will promote students’ success, provide preventive services and respond to identified students’ needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling programme that addresses academic, career, personal and social development for all the students. Provides pastoral care support services to students, staff, and parents. Support services include referrals, counseling, assessment, diagnostics, and report writing.
Develop and implement guidance and counseling curriculum aligned with AKES, P Standards.
· Facilitate guidance meetings with academic teams and coordinates with school leader, teachers, administrators, and parents for the purpose of making recommendations of individual student cases.
· Counsels students, parents, and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success, academically, socially, and emotionally, in school.
· Develops a variety of special programs and classes e.g. group and teamwork, leadership, bullying, coping with broken family issues, social skills or help with life and academic skills.
· Monitors students' progress for the purpose of identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success.
· Connect students, parents/guardians and staff with specialized referral agencies.
· Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. lesson plans, quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference,
· Presents information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
· Schedules student classes on a variety of topics for the purpose of helping students academically, socially and emotionally reach success in school.
· Supervises assigned programs (e.g. scholarships, peer counseling, special education, ESL, etc.) for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall curriculum objectives.
· Implement individual and group counseling methods that are appropriate and submit required reports promptly and accurately.
· Understand, evaluate, and interpret academic performance data. Interpret information about students to the student, their parents/guardians, and staff.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor