The Principal Solution Architect evaluates, designs, and develops commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions based on industry trends and sales/customer needs. The incumbent must understand solution requirements and be able to translate them into detailed technical offerings. The incumbent must be a subject matter expert on network solutions, products, and evolving technology architectures and roadmaps, and will work cross-functionally to influence the broader organization.
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of LTE Standards, software development, IT transformation, and cloud computing and will utilize that expertise to engage and advise customers (carriers and enterprises) about potential solution offerings to address their needs. The incumbent must be a technical leader with a deep understanding of the technology evolution and will contribute to developing sound business plans for delivering state-of-the-art technical offerings, solutions, and proposals.
- Make technical and strategic plans for the Engineering organization, with a focus on new and evolving technologies and products.
- Scope, define, and design solution offerings, driving end-to-end solution architecture.
- Lead interface between the Engineering, New Product Development, and Sales Engineering teams.
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and educate internal stakeholders on same.
- Translate customer needs and identify technology opportunities.
- Develop detailed technical offerings, solutions, and business proposals.
- Identify business opportunity areas and conduct risk analyses for proposed new/adjacent revenue streams.
- Ensure proper execution and management of the solution life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical execution, including business case creation, business plan, offering definition, materials development, pricing, delivery readiness, and sales training.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in successful deployment of solutions.
- Interface with the Engineering team to develop release plans, oversee the end-to-end product release process, and drive product development on an aggressive timeline.
- Partner with internal business, product, and engineering leads to build holistic plans, lead the cross-functional team, and ensure accountability across technology and business partners.
- Work with customers, team members, technology partners, vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features and spearhead the definition and delivery of new solutions.
- Lead customer interface for technical discussions at a national level.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation, and information sharing; develop others.
- Develop management presentations and support the preparation of reporting and key performance indicators.
- Develop technical presentations and proposals and perform customer presentations.
- Competent in areas related to network design and implementation, including network engineering design, configuration, integration, testing, optimization, and operations.
· End to End knowledge of LTE is MUST.
· In depth knowledge of 3GPP standards.
· Strong skills in analyzing layer 3 messaging.
· Hands on experience on Call flow analysis.
· Hands on experience on Troubleshooting performance.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, high volume environment
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making during key negotiations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering required.
- At least 12 years of wireless network engineering experience required.
- Experience with LTE Radio Access Network, Evolved Packet Core, Virtualization, and SDN required.
- At least 4 years of specific experience in a Solution Architect or senior technical consultant role required.
- IP network design and planning experience and/or software development experience preferred.
- Experience with standardization of practices such as IEEE and 3GPP preferred.
- CWNA certification required; higher certification level preferred (CCNA or higher).
Expert-level knowledge of RF engineering in prevalent cellular technology and IP-based networks (IP network design, planning, configuration, integration, testing, security, etc.) required.