Opportunity for a freelance position available with a US-based start-up (op. in cloud computing/web/software services). Following are the qualifications listed as essential and preferable for the candidate to have.
This person will be responsible for N-Tier development of web applications. They will be doing both new development and some production support work on various cloud connectivity applications.
Top skills/technologies MUST HAVE’s:
1) 3 to 5 years’ experience as an N-tier Developer primarily focusing on mid to backend development.
2) 3 to 5 years’ of experience developing in Java/Java8 MySQL and UI (Angular or JQuery) development experience
3) 3 to 5 years’ of experience using TestNG to test within the applications they develop in these 3 categories :unit, functional, and end-to-end
Technical Expertise: NICE-TO HAVE’s
- Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support
- Strong hands on programming experience in developing high-end Software/Web Applications using Java/Java 8 and Python, Object Oriented Programming, Analysis & Design
- Experience in integrating with Web UI technologies such as Java Script, HTML, JSON, XML, DOJO framework, jQuery, bootstrap, CSS, DHTML, AJAX.
- Linux application deployment/support
- Building/deploying/configuring/testing database and reporting applications
- Reporting and operational dashboards
- Experience designing and using web services APIs (RESTful, SOAP)
- Maven, Git and Gerritt – experience with these services would be favorable
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Agile software development practices
- Work on geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communicator
- Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Strong work ethic with attention to details and responsible in nature
- Ready to rock and build an amazing product