The legal advisor is accountable for taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process. He/she is responsible for providing support in discrete legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and structuring remedies for the relevant issues. This professional may also be engaged in helping to analyze and collect evidence and schedule staff hearings. To better understand the role of this professional, let us view some of the responsibilities that need to be handled by him/her:
- To conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the client or the organization.
- To provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing document.
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.To conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information.
- To assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis.
- To draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses.
The job of legal advisor is full time job and requires him/her to work for forty to forty five hours per week with occasional overtime.
The salary may roughly range in between 30,000 PKR to 50,000 PKR. The salary will vary according to the background of the individuals, their skills and experience.