The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accounting records in Sage 50 and in organizational formats ensuring compliance with AKF’s accounting policies, regulations, procedures and international accounting standards being managed and maintained at Al-Khair Foundation Pakistan.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports, etc. in conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Collect and check thoroughly invoices/bills, make cross verifications and payment ensuring the prevailing financial rules and regulations set by the AKF Pakistan are being followed.
- Process payments by preparation of vouchers and completion of documents/requirements.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems.
- Ensure all management information is prepared and reconciled to the accounting system on time.
- Preparation of the annual budget in consultation with the department and country head and senior management.
- Work closely with Project Managers in preparing monthly progress reports to the Management for work performed during the month.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly progress reports for the projects of Al-Khair Foundation relating project cost and progress.
- Provide direct financial communication with all required parties including Management, Project Managers, Auditors, Internal Financing department and project team.
- Preparation of cost/expenses statements of projects.
- Preparation of stock and assets details.
- Reporting errors in the database on daily basis for timely rectification.
- Responsible to inform the Accounts & Finance Department if some expenditure is ineligible or suspicious.
- Preparation and Maintenance of documentation & records in physical files.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly progress report.
- Preparation of monthly staff payroll in accordance with attendance, timesheets, tax laws and other regulations and deductions.
- Maintenance of data base of field based activities being carried out in their respective site and area, in line with reporting formats.
- Generate (write/print/email) correspondence related to accounts and other matters.
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports as required.
- Facilitate internal/external audits as per AKF UK’s and donors ‘requirements.
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities under the direction of the Finance Manager and Head of Finance Department.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Sage, Peachtree
- Good typing speed & accuracy required
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent tabulation and presentation skill for useful reporting of data
- Data analysis skills
- Audit experience (will be a plus)
- Good communication skills both written and spoken in English/Urdu