1. Assess patients’ and clients’ health needs and diet
2. Dietary Counseling, Current Health Plan & Dietary Restrictions by calorie count method (BMR & BMI).
3. Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient
4. Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
5. Prepares menu plan, food selection & preparation of food to patient as well as attendants.
6. Develop policies for food services or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion & disease control.
7. Deliver group sessions to a range of audiences, including children and patient groups
8. Educate other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition issues
9. Run clinics in hospital outpatients departments
10. Write reports and case notes and maintain accurate records
11. prepare information packs, flyers and other promotional materials
12. Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
13. Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control
14. Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance
15. Provided medical nutrition therapy to dialysis patients
16. Advise food service staff on sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, and planning to assist with the establishment, operation, and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs
17. Arrange Nutritional Awareness seminars and sessions for staff and patients
18. Manage quantity food service departments or clinical and community nutrition services
19. .Monthly assessment of menu plan of Patients to provide varieties of food.
20. Make diet plan for DM, HTN, Obs. & weight loss, CLD, Heart Disease, Gynae, low fat, low calorie, low cholesterol diet, high protein diet, diet in diarrhea, diet in constipation,. Diet in Cancer etc.
21. Teaching of cafeteria staff on monthly basis about diet.
22. Attends Seminars & program management related to diet & disease to provide evidence based practices
23. Gives Suggestion & counseling of patient & attendants & other concerned staff to improve food services & Nutrition of patients
24. Co-ordination with FNSD on duty supervisor/manager in case of mishandling and complain of patient food quality, preparation and time of serving of food.
25. Ensures that according to consultant’s advice safe & healthy food is being provided.
26. In case of changed condition of patient and any reservation inform to consultant and taken advice by him and follow that order immediately.
27. Patient’s demands will be furnished according to patient’s condition and consultant advice.
28. Daily visit of patient’s rooms and to resolve their reservation and complain and to inform FNSD in case of any related to that department.
29. In case of Patients on top feed counseling of Mother about diet.
Special dietary care of post-op patients.