1. Attendance and punctuality
2. Assessment, planning and evaluation of patient care
3. Clinical supervision and objective evaluation of staff
4. Interviewing and counseling
5. Meet patients, consultants, Floor In-charges and all concerned to receive feedback & work accordingly
6. Ensure discipline self and staff
7. Proactive professional development for self and staff
8. Make daily clinical round with assigned staff
9. Initiative and creative in departmental management and staff professional development
10. Effective utilization of time, material, human and other resources
11. Make surprise visits of department on regular basis (evening, night & holidays) & submit report to DCN
12. Extend professional help and support to colleagues as needed
13. Participate in training and educational activities
14. Follow reporting channel, policy & procedures and reinforce at all levels
15. Keep self and staff updated with latest knowledge and advances
16. Coordinate and collaborate with physician’s support services, maintenance and house keeping
17. Compete in quality and leadership/management
18. Promote research based activities
19. Exert their skills and knowledge to continuously review the region of the patients and staff to prevent infections and contact with relevant departments
20. Spell out Quality at Ali Medical Center and Integrate it in practice
21. Respect cultural values and demonstrate the same in actions Establish and ensure high standard of infection prevention and control in the unit based on hospital standards and objectives.
22. Responsibility for infection prevention and control is embedded at all levels of the organization.
23. Effective arrangements are in place for the provision of a full infection control service including policy production, surveillance, education and training, and audit led by an Infection Prevention & Control Team. (IPAC)
24. Ensure that compliance with Infection Prevention and Control policies are monitored by the HN, NSS, Unit Leaders, designated Managers as appropriate.
25. Identify, control and investigate outbreaks in collaboration with the Consultant for Communicable Disease Control and outbreak control group as appropriate.
26. Ensuring the provision of appropriate education to all grades of staff working.
27. Provide an on-going training program encompassing all healthcare workers within the hospital.
28. Carry out alert organism surveillance, liaising with medical and nursing staff as appropriate.
29. Ensuring advice on infection prevention and control is available on a 24-hour basis.
30. Provide comfortable clean and safe environment for patients.
31. Assist and supervise the staff in planning / implementing optimal patient care and in performing nursing procedures ensuring that goals and objectives are achieved efficiently.
32. Ensure effective and smooth communication between patients, relatives, medical team and other health services pertaining health education and other nursing issues.
33. Make clinical round, and give teaching to the staff concern at the same time to ensure efficient completion of tasks within time frame.
34. Assure the availability of all the supplies and equipment in the unit need in infection prevention and control.
35. Ensure the availability of medicines maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of medicine trolley adhere to the principles, procedures and policies of medication administration and documentation.
36. Take / give report to HN / Shift Supervisor with particular attention to patient related issues.
37. Counsel and discipline staff as the need arises, encourages, supports, and helps them find solution to improve their weak area.
38. Develop, implement and monitor standards of Infection prevention and control.
39. Monitor and ensure accurate documentation of patient's condition by nursing staff.
40. Investigate and respond to patients’ / attendants’ / colleagues’ concern promptly regarding Infection prevention and control.
41. Demonstrate creativity and quality in weekly, monthly and annual reports
42. Implement and reinforce infection control policies and procedures.
43. Perform any other related task as assigned by the senior.
44. Act promptly in the time of emergency.
· Implementation of infection prevention and control procedures and policies.
· Act as an expert clinical resource and assist with direct patient care in prevention and control of infection when necessary.
· Make daily rounds of unit to monitor the quality of the patient care environment and to ensure that infection control regimens are being accurately followed.
· Ensure the timely documentation and reporting of interventions and their responses
· Meet frequently with clinicians to discuss patient care and quality issues, Watch / critically on documentations in file (MOs work, nursing work). Discuss with MN & Registrar.
· Ensure strict Infection Control practices, be in touch with family / attendant and critical ill patients and try to available their concerns and communicate to seniors HOD/Management about their reservation timely.
Ali Medical Centre is located in Islamabad and providing a comprehensive range of consultation, diagnostic and treatment services for almost all medical and surgical specialties through its hospital based clinical services. Outpatient Clinic facility has 15 consultant Clinics for physician service ...Read More