A. Functional Competencies:
1. Assist patient in hygiene care. (I.e. Bathing, shaving, pedicure and manicure)
2. Bed making, arrange patient’s room and keep their personal belongings in cabinet.
3. Change bed linen whenever necessary.
4. Provide clean clothing to pre-operative patient before sending them to operating room and prepare post-operative bed.
5. Provide mouth care back care (care of pressure areas) to all bed ridden patients in each shift.
6. Assist patient to toilet and bathing
7. Offer bed pan and urinals to bed ridden and rest patients
8. Empty urine bag and keep record in fluid balance chart.
9. Provide air mattress under all bed cases after checking its proper functioning.
Male Nursing Assistant:
10. Apply external catheter to male patient and provide Perennial care in each shift.
Female Nursing Assistant
11. Provide Perennial care to all catheterized female patients.
Equipment cleaning and disinfection:
12. Cleaning of oxygen humidifier and fill with distilled water to the designated Level
13. Cleaning and disinfection of suction bottle as per protocol and keep it ready for next use.
14. Dump dusting of all equipment’s (Infusion Pumps, Dina map, Syringe pumps, air mattress etc.) And steel trolleys present in the unit.
15. Keep record of disinfection of equipment’s in register.
16. Keep the unit neat and tidy at all time.
17. Check vital signs and chart on graphic sheet.
18. Respond to patients call to determine services needed.
19. Assist patient to have their meal.
20. Assist doctor / nurse for procedures like lumber puncture, CVP catheter Insertion sterile dressing removal nasogastric tube, catheterization, NG feeding, suctioning.
21. Assist patient for deep breathing and coughing exercise.
22. Assist patient in lifting, shifting and positioning of patient.
23. Assist Assigned nurses to change posture of all bed ridden patient as per protocol.
24. Perform passive range of motion exercise for all bed ridden patients.
25. Accompany patient for diagnostic procedure
26. Perform weight and height of new admission and as required per protocol for admitted patient
27. Replenishment hand washing supplies.
28. Replenishment of personal protective equipment’s for all isolated patients.
29. Comply with infection control practices at all time.
30. Perform any other related task assigned by floor in charge.
Ali Medical Centre is located in Islamabad and providing a comprehensive range of consultation, diagnostic and treatment services for almost all medical and surgical specialties through its hospital based clinical services. Outpatient Clinic facility has 15 consultant Clinics for physician service ...Read More