Responsibilities of a Laboratory Manager:
Timing 6-8 hours / day
Management of the Laboratory:
• Be familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and ensures all users are incompliance with those standards.
• Review research protocols of internal and external research groups in an effort to stay abreast as to what research projects are occurring in the lab at any given time.
• Update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan / Manual
· Good liaison with other labs, communication with outsourced lab managers for critical results
· Handle Payment / Consultant issues & complaints.
• Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, E.G Waste management, Punjab Health Corporation etc..
• Manages and updates Chemical inventories in liaison with the finance department..
• Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to team members working in the lab.
• Make sure the reports are prepared as per required time, no report to be kept for next day if processed and conducted on the day.
• Any outsources report should be followed accordingly and processed in time to be delivered to the patient.
• Ensures that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner.
• Ensures all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly to include but not limited to eyewash/safety showers and when instruments/equipment is found to be in need of maintenance/repair, to contacts the Equipment Engineer to have it repaired.
• Maintenance of good performance of analysers, microscopes and lab instruments.
· Keep close interaction with front reception at ground floor.
· Make sure the shift job as written in the register kept for follow up and execution and monitored by the lab staff in case the task to be completed in other shift.
· All issues to be communicated to the General Manager and CEO of Al-Noor Diagnostic Centre.
· All the communication related to lab and its staff to be in black and white, no verbal communication will be entertained.
Training (On required basis):
• Ensures lab users have been trained on the correct use of the lab equipment, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab users for not following safety policies/procedures that have been established for the lab.
• Schedules safety training for new lab users and retraining for lab users who are in need of refresher training to include but not be limited to: equipment training, safety training and/or lab safety plan reviews and ensure the training has been documented.
Minimum Experience 10-12 years. On hand job experience as Lab Technician and aware of managerial requirements to run a team of Lab technicians and laboratory independently.
Alnoor Diagnostic Centre