We are seeking a Mid-Level Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer who is responsible for developing and executing new automated test strategies and frameworks to ensure product quality. Responsibilities primarily include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The successful candidate will conduct tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meet the client’s needs while being cost-effective. SQA Engineer will execute and report on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed. The ideal candidate will work closely with the software developers to enhance software products during development.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute test automation scripts
- Identify, record, document, and maintain test cases and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Research and implement new testing strategies, tools, and techniques
- Provide analysis of testing results to our development team for needed improvements and further development
- Manual testing
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 1-3 years of development experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor (E2E), and Watir
- Be familiar with agile development and scrum concepts
- Understand the full scope of regression, positive and negative, white box and black box, load and functional testing methodologies
- Have in-depth knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Cruise Control
- Experience performing tests using virtual and/or cloud environments.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with GitHub pull requests or other code review systems.
Benefits at AlphaRages
- Competitive salary package
- Paid leaves
- Bi-annual recreational trips
- Company celebrations including work anniversaries, birthdays, Company’s anniversaries, etc.
- Increments based on fair performance appraisals
- Friendly environment
Job Timings: 02:00PM to 10:00PM. Location: Jail Road, Lahore.
Immediate joining is preferable.