Program Associate will be responsible for helping in managing and supporting upcoming Career Prep Fellowships (an intense, 3-month leadership initiative, with the goal of helping a 1-2 batch(es) of 40 university students get quality jobs and become lifelong learners).
Responsibilities: A successful Program Associate will provide support in facilitation (e.g., training) and operational details (e.g., project work revision, logistics, recruitment/selection, etc.) related to Amal’s Career-Prep Fellowships.
- Help manage the Fellows during their Fellowship, ensuring that they are attending all sessions, completing their project works, etc.
- Supporting in the review and provision of quality feedback in Project Work, doing so on a timely, consistent and thoughtful basis
- Build relationships with fellows and help them achieve their career aspirations by following up with them on their progress on continuous basis
- Attend all weekly sessions with Amal’s Career-Prep Fellowship and help facilitate 1-2 activities and eventually lectures
- Review all online courses, provide comments/feedback on fellows’ online discussions, send reminders/motivators to fellows for completing online work
- Supporting with the logistics, preparations and successful execution of graduation ceremony when the fellowship has finished
- Scheduling one-on-ones with PMs and providing support in preparation
- Ensure that the team is logistically prepared (photocopies, session material, etc) for weekly sessions
- Ensure sessions are captured/document through quality photography and videography
- Help ensure that our lesson plans are relevant and appropriate for the group of students that we are targeting in the Fellowship
- Ensure that LPs are updated on weekly basis, and Prezis are up-to-date for the sessions
- Provide critical feedback to the Amal team regarding the effectiveness of different activities, project works, online course content, etc.
- With time, assist in the creation of activities for lesson plans and give feedback on lesson plans
- Assist in the development of instructional video content that is used in the online courses, project works, and in person sessions
- Support in the shortlisting process, oversee the logistics of scheduling interviews, coordinate with team and conduct interviews
- Help finalize the decisions of fellows, and selection of the fellowship batches
- Coordinate with the PM to send the offer letters, call the fellows, and coordinate the logistics to launch their respective batch successfully
Marketing, Alumni, Other:
- Help with marketing and outreach efforts for the Amal Career Prep fellowship to receive enough applications
- Assist in maintaining a record of alumni, supporting them with their journey post fellowship by and sharing job and other relevant opportunities with them
- Support in new projects and expansion efforts of Amal Academy on need basis
Hours: This position is designed to be a full-time role, working 5.5 days a week (with Mondays as holidays and Sundays as half days).
Requirements: We are looking for someone who has recently graduated, with good communication and interpersonal skills, shall have learning attitude, who takes personal responsibility, and initiative and is passionate about making a positive difference in the education system of Pakistan.
If interested, please send your resume with position mentioned in subject line at ********* or for more details please visit amalacademy.org for application process.
Amal Academy is a Lahore-based, job-skills training startup from Stanford University, USA. We use education and a strong corporate network to empower underprivileged students to achieve their career dreams.