Program Manager will be responsible for managing the upcoming Career Prep Fellowships (an intense, 3-month leadership initiative (meeting on Saturday/Sunday), with the goal of helping a batch of 30-40 students prepare for a quality job in the BPO industry).
Responsibilities: A successful Program Manager will oversee the facilitation (e.g. training) and operational details (e.g. assignment revision, recruitment/selection etc.) of Amal’s Career Prep Fellowships. Specifically, this position will focus on three goals: training, coaching and selection.
Fellowship Training and Coaching:
– Meet with the Career Prep Fellows each week (Weekdays, or Saturday/Sunday, for 3 months) and introduce/develop core skills that are necessary for getting a job and becoming successful on the job and ensure that fellows are embracing and applying the ideas and skills that we are developing
– Facilitate the content that is curated by the Amal Academy curriculum team in order to facilitate a total of 6-8 hours of training each week with the Amal Career-Prep Fellowship. Some of these sessions will be co-facilitated with other members from the Amal team (e.g., another Program Manager, one of the cofounders) or with a guest speaker
– Create and promote culture of #amalfamily, and build positive relationship with fellows to provide them a good and fun learning experience in the fellowship
– Provide feedback on the curriculum to the team on regular basis to improve it further
– Provide detailed, timely and consistent feedback on weekly assignments that (1) encourages each fellow, (2) gives them constructive feedback that can be applied/developed immediately and (3) internally evaluates how effective the curriculum and facilitation is
– Complete one-on-one career counseling with every fellows during the 3 months, to help them prepare for their professional lives
– Support the Fellows in their job applications, interview preparation, etc.
– Assist fellows in making a resume/LinkedIn that is according to Amal format and that can be shared with different organizations to help increase the chances of fellows getting jobs
– Develop a strong mentor-mentee relationship with each fellow so that they can look to you as an ongoing role model and coach, even after the fellowship completes
– Coordinate every week with their Program Associate to ensure the smooth flow of fellowship operations ( Logistics of fellowship, scheduling of one-on-one etc.)
– Support the Program Associate in their professional development, specifically providing opportunities to facilitate in session, and coach in other areas of professional development
– Ensure that the fellowship policies and procedures are followed and implemented to ensure fairness and accountability for the fellows in the program
– Communicate the Project Work and other announcements to the Fellows in a timely and consistent fashion
– Follow up with fellows on their progress every week to help them achieve their career aspirations and motivate them to complete the 3 months intensive program
– Conduct check ins with Program Associate (PA) to help them develop and coordinate with them to ensure smooth fellowship operations
Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding:
– Assist in marketing and outreach efforts (representing Amal at universities, posting on Facebook about fellowship applications, etc.) to help increase the number of applications
– Oversee the process of interviews, and conduct in person interviews to select the fellowship batches
– Coordinate with the PA to send the offer letters, call the fellows, and coordinate the logistics to launch their respective batch successfully
Hours: This position is designed to be a full-time role, working 5.5 days a week (with Mondays as holidays and Sundays as half days) and Sunday as holiday when the fellowship session are not going on.
Requirements: We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of professional experience. Prior experience in training, teaching or education sector is preferable however anyone with a passion of education, training, and coaching is encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be aligned with candidates' experience and qualifications and will be competitive with the market.
If interested, please send your resume with position mentioned in subject line at ********* or for more details please visit amalacademy.org for application process.